cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request a Receipt for your Account Charges from Public Mobile (How To)

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

As we all know, there currently is no provision to print a receipt for the charges made by Public Mobile. The only way to obtain a receipt is to contact a moderator and request one.

As it is year end I decided to do this and am reporting here how it went. On December 18, 2019 I sent a message to Moderator_Team with the following details:

Can I please request a receipt for the entire year 2019 covering all charges to my credit card? I switched to Public Mobile December 2, 2018 so my account was active for the entire year of 2019.

The receipt can be sent to my registered email address xxxxxx@telus.net.

My account number is 1000000 xxxxxxx

Name on the account is Terry Xxxxxxxxxx

Telephone Number of the account is 604 xxx-xxxx

Thank you,

Terry.

Soon after I received the request to verify my account which I did. I was then told that my request would be submitted to the appropriate department and I should receive the information in an email but it could take up to one month to arrive. It took about three weeks to receive the PDF report as shown below via my email. This is page 1 of 2, page 2 showed the totals as well. This is exactly what I wanted. I suppose this request could be done every month but that seems like a crazy amount of work for you and Public Mobile. A one year report is perfectly fine for me to keep in my records. I do take screen shots of my billing info every two or three months but this is a nice official way to keep the info on file.

Hopefully they can work towards automating this function within our Self Serve accounts in the future.

AE_Collector

5458E1E3-07A1-41FB-9717-96245CB890B0.jpeg

23 REPLIES 23

jellybean1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh, and they refused to give me my invoices.

jellybean1

You are lucky.  They have made my life a living hell.  I made the mistake of getting 4 phones for work and: 

Here is what they are asking me for.  The last 4 are new TODAY.

You will need to provide:

1. Your first and last name
  2. Address for the Account (street, not box)
  3. Phone number
  4. Account number
  5. email on file
  6. Amount Paid monthly
  7. Sharing Code
  8. Preferred Language
  9. PIN
  10. Description of your Plan
  11. The Last number you called or texted
  12. When was the last time you logged into the self-serve portal
  13. If you have any additional services
  14. How many years have you been with Public Mobile

I've supplied 1 thru 10 every time before (at their request) however they added the last four today.  They literally add items to this list every single time you ask.  Apparently it is POLICY, "since your invoice contains sensitive information". 

I'm currently complaining to the CRTC, Social Media, Better Business Bureau and likely going to small claims court over this.  It is RIDICULOUS! 

@hcpm40 wrote:

It is absolutely unheard of and insane that in this day and age, a mobile company does not provide their clients with online access to their invoice. What is missing from the invoice PM provided are timeframes for each payment / invoice, such as the Mar-2 2019 $30 payment was for Mar-3 to Apr-2 timeframe.

Hi @hcpm40 ,  While what you said might be true, you forgot one important fact.  PM is a prepaid service.  Prepaid service is like a vending machine, MOST, not all  i agree, won't give you a receipt.  🙂

If they tell me they have to increase my plan by $1 to substitute for an invoice feature as some people asked for that, I will say NO.  Please give me back loonie and I am happy without a receipt

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hcpm40 

This appears to be something pm has no intention to change. You can contact @CountyDownIeUk for a reciept template they you may want to use for personal recordkeeping.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

hcpm40
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is absolutely unheard of and insane that in this day and age, a mobile company does not provide their clients with online access to their invoice. What is missing from the invoice PM provided are timeframes for each payment / invoice, such as the Mar-2 2019 $30 payment was for Mar-3 to Apr-2 timeframe.

@BlackBear2021  Invoice feature was asked many time but PM has not introduce an easier way yet

Please try this via Chatbot to get to open ticket faster:

Type: I need a one-time invoice sent to me
Then click  "I need a one-time invoice sent to me", click on it,
Then click "Contact Us" , and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

@BlackBear2021 

Ask accounts receivable if there is more than one way to submit your "invoice". A copy of your plan details with a credit card statement or used vouchers and and their receipts may be an option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlackBear2021 : No one will argue the point. But this place makes changes at a glacial pace. And the costs thereof will be passed on to all customers including those that don't need it. Perhaps those that can use their expenses for income taxes or reimbursement might look elsewhere. Or be willing to wait for the invoice/receipt to arrive after requesting it.

@BlackBear2021 wrote:

Thanks for this! I have to say this is so incredibly frustrating. It took me an hour just to figure out and submit a request to a customer support via a chatbot then a ticket. I need a monthly invoice to submit to my company, and now I have to request for an invoice manually every month?!?!? They really just need to build a feature to download the invoice from the self-serve portal.

@BlackBear2021 

Unfortunately, the only way to get that info is to contact CS.

You can also send a private message if you find that more convenient:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BlackBear2021

Thanks for this! I have to say this is so incredibly frustrating. It took me an hour just to figure out and submit a request to a customer support via a chatbot then a ticket. I need a monthly invoice to submit to my company, and now I have to request for an invoice manually every month?!?!? They really just need to build a feature to download the invoice from the self-serve portal.

@Kimball 

you are most welcome!

AE_Collector

Kimball

@AE_Collector wrote:

As we all know, there currently is no provision to print a receipt for the charges made by Public Mobile. The only way to obtain a receipt is to contact a moderator and request one.

As it is year end I decided to do this and am reporting here how it went. On December 18, 2019 I sent a message to Moderator_Team with the following details:

Can I please request a receipt for the entire year 2019 covering all charges to my credit card? I switched to Public Mobile December 2, 2018 so my account was active for the entire year of 2019.

The receipt can be sent to my registered email address xxxxxx@telus.net.

My account number is 1000000 xxxxxxx

Name on the account is Terry Xxxxxxxxxx

Telephone Number of the account is 604 xxx-xxxx

Thank you,

Terry.

Soon after I received the request to verify my account which I did. I was then told that my request would be submitted to the appropriate department and I should receive the information in an email but it could take up to one month to arrive. It took about three weeks to receive the PDF report as shown below via my email. This is page 1 of 2, page 2 showed the totals as well. This is exactly what I wanted. I suppose this request could be done every month but that seems like a crazy amount of work for you and Public Mobile. A one year report is perfectly fine for me to keep in my records. I do take screen shots of my billing info every two or three months but this is a nice official way to keep the info on file.

Hopefully they can work towards automating this function within our Self Serve accounts in the future.

AE_Collector

5458E1E3-07A1-41FB-9717-96245CB890B0.jpeg

Thanks AE_Collector .!!!

For taking the time to make this post with a picture about asking for a business invoice or just for personal records.

Thanks Again!!!!!

Sevinda

I also want to add, for anyone who is nervous about blindly PMing Moderator_Team with private information based on other users' say-so: If you talk to PublicMobile's Chat Bot (SIMon; found on the "Get Help" page), it guides you through a ticket submission process that effectively just submits a private message to Moderator_Team on these forums for you.

It was, at least, reassuring to me to go through what constitutes as 'official channels'.

PublicMobile's customer service setup is weird.

@AE_Collector  That is better....i might argue the point that it's an invoice...

When typing in request a receipt....it comes up first. Typing in request an invoice for your..... it comes up second. An easier search for sure than before. Thanks for being open to suggestion.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Okay, how is that? I Tuned the title up a little bit. Generally on (other) forums I notice that a title change of the initial post will change the title for all new replies to the post but not the existing replies. On this forum I notice "anything can happen" with future replies which makes me wonder if the title is used of the exact post that someone clicks the reply button on. Incidentally on a different forum that I am a moderator on I discovered that moving a topic to a different area and then right back again gave the moderator the option to change all replies in the topic to the current topic title, thus a way of easily cleaning up title changes. But that was a forum using Simple Machines forum software.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  I'm going to make suggestion for the title of your thread.....after my many unsuccessful attempts to supply a link to it. Where as I just did 5 other successful links?!!

After making an attempted guess at the title I did find it thru the search bar but about 7 post/threads down . It took some work and receipt does not accurately describe your guided method for an invoice.

How about: Request an invoice from public mobile for your account/service.

The first three words should make it pop up first and make it easily searchable. But please supply the link as per my request for @TLGuan . Thanks

@srlawren 

Thankyou!

AE_Collector

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector great guide, I'm adding this to my bookmark collection.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since PM is self serve I would think they would offer a self selected invoice option and allow it do be downloaded in PDF format. A bit of programming on their web site and no more requests to handle. Any one who has VoIP.ms will know what I am talking  about. 

@AE_Collector  Thanks that's great info to have. Being old school that's probably the route I would take for a permanent record for my boot box filing system. I like the idea of just doing it once year. Get your loyalty reward request your yearly invoice. Of course that will only work for the five years but maybe by the time you hit your 5th anniversary you'll be able hit "download" and "print".

@mpcdesign  That's some great advice for our apple happy fellow members. @iPhoneUser  had some interesting ideas on this subject. I'm sure he 'll appreciate the additional information.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector , @jeffsaw2019 

Public Mobile will send you a weird file, an xps file extension. Because am on Mac, I had a heck of a time to figure how to do this. And I found this great tip on opening and viewing this file. And save it as a PDF if need be:

Opening the .XPS file in a google email account is what is needed. So, send an email to yourself in Gmail and when you get it, click on the attachment and it should open in a viewer pop-up box. Don't download it, as it will still download as an XPS file. Once in the viewer, click the print document icon in the upper window toolbar and it can be save as a PDF file to your Mac at that point. Or you can just print multiple copies for yourself, the taxman or the business expenses account. 

Well, effectively I DID ask for specific dates, it just happened to be for the year. I'm sure they will make up a receipt for what ever you want or need.

AE_Collector

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector It would be great, if you could just select the dates and ask for a pdf receipt. Doesn't sound like rocket appliances either!

Need Help? Let's chat.