cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Refund

osayosanmi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am writing to request a refund of charges made on my credit cards for services never used.  I don't have a phone number from Public mobile and no account so there should be no reason for paying for such charges.

I tried to activate the Public mobile sim card I had and I was directed to set up an account that led to the collection of my credit card information. At the time I submitted the form, I got a notice of unsuccessful activation. Since I created an account with my email address, I tried to log in to the account all it gave me was failed login. I tried the "forget password" option but I was told my email is not recognized which means an account was never created for me. But to my surprise, my credit cards have been charged twice. How should my credit card be charged when I don't have an account with Public mobile? Unfortunately, It is very difficult to reach any human being in this company to fix things.

I am pleading that enough is enough, I have never used Public mobile service and so my money should be refunded with immediate effect. 

10 REPLIES 10

@osayosanmi 

You can walk into any koodo or Telus store and they can check your sim card there. 

@osayosanmi wrote:

Exactly! I have created tickets twice. The sim is not working and I am sure I don't have an account. The only thing the system took was my credit card information and they keep taking my money without identifying the account owner. Is disheartening!

@osayosanmi  When you insert the sim in your phone and dial 611 what happens? If you get a response Click here to register your selfserve account.

osayosanmi

I am surely not going to be part of Public Mobile. I am leaving

osayosanmi

Exactly! I have created tickets twice. The sim is not working and I am sure I don't have an account. The only thing the system took was my credit card information and they keep taking my money without identifying the account owner. Is disheartening!

@osayosanmi do you want to remain as a PM customer or are you leavng?  If you would like to stay, while you wait for moderator response, try these  2 tricks to restart/ reset your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, remove your sim, reinsert it, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

If these tricke dont work wait for moderator response. Thanks. Stay safe. 

osayosanmi

The sim card is not functioning either

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@osayosanmi 

Please contact moderators they are the only ones who are able to either refund you (it may take I up to 30 days to revert charges) or help you gain the access to your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Just curious, do you still have sim card in question, it should be functioning host fine, if you can test it on a phone that works on telus you will know.

When did you try to activate?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@osayosanmi 

This is your first post and you've renewed on autopay but the service hasn't worked for you all this time?

What happens when you insert the SIM into an unlocked compatible phone?

Can you try to re-create the self-serve account on the right hand side of the My Account link?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hi,  It appears you probably had an activation failure,   which ddin't create the account but did register your credit card.     bets to contact mods using SIMon (the question mark on teh lower right side of screen) type contact moderators.  and follow teh prompts.  give as much detail as possible about when you attempted to activate. if you have teh sim card # you tried to activate that might help aswell

Need Help? Let's chat.