cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal failure

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Well if stranger things don't happen.....I had this happen once before on the day pm launched the first more the merrier campaign. Funny as I was testing theory on missing referral rewards that worked in my favour. I was going to show @barndoor some screenshots on how to tell the difference between a renewal's "expired" and "suspended" messages and an actual suspended account when i noticed that my account still says expired and the message in my account tells me its suspended and to top up.

At this moment I still have service but I expect to lose it shortly because my plan amount and 100 canada wide minutes amount have not been applied to my payment history. But my data counter is working and my minute counter. I'm debating whether to try and "reactivate" and pay or just wait and see what happens and let the moderators investigate the glitch.

Maybe I will keep service and not have to pay? My other account renews tonight so its not like I don't have working service if I do lose service on this account.....I think @barndoor has jinxed me!😃

17 REPLIES 17

@Anonymous 

Just to get the full day of service and line up renewals so there is always an active data account and hopefully always get $2 in referral rewards by doing a midnite double dip. (Well 9pm for us.) These accounts don't need voicemail access when suspended so I have a new strategy in play.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : lol So you're doing a little stress-testing on the system here. 🙂 Clever to try the suspend just after rewards are converted.

Why the reactivate at midnight?

@Anonymous 

Yep....that was very messy. Lets see how tonights goes....

As far as my testing went....by reactivating an account at exactly midnight eastern and waiting to suspend another via lost/stolen about 15 minutes later after rewards were applied to both the account getting suspended got the rewards that @jivetalker  is having to plead his case for....

I recieved $3 extra referral rewards I would have normally missed out on....the newly renewed, the soon after to be suspended and apparently a ghost referral as I could not find a tenth referred phone number but I was a little busy for about 10 minutes and by the time I went to the rewards page to check the number the evidence of a tenth active referral had disappeared except for the extra $1 reweard in my payment history.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : So take this drawn out renewal scenario and apply it to an account that doesn't carry a balance and relies on autopay. Suspended.

@barndoor 

Looks like this was a long drawn out renewal with my account switching to active at about 9 am when they withdrew the plan amount and talk booster. But the debits/credits are still incorrectly accounted for in my payment history and I didn't get the normal rewards successfully applied text. 

Screenshot_20210528-090415.png

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

During renewal the expired message is telling you that your previous 30 day plan has expired which is true.

If the previous 30 day plan has expired  then there should be no grandfathered plans on pm as they theoretically have all expired so no need to grandfather . 😉

my account is now active  again .🙄

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Sorry. I should have been clearer in my intent. I was responding to the hint of the account looking different after midnight. It doesn't. It stays looking like that....if it doesn't renew.

@Anonymous 

This is my main account its never suspended and as you can see there is plenty of balance. I still have service but the system did not take or apply my plan amount. So I guess its not a renewal failure yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : My "dormant" account has the red Plan Expired and the suspended box above. It suspended for lack of payment a couple months ago.

@barndoor 

You should see some of the weird things that have happened in this account. Every glitch has had a silver lining though.....

barndoor

Hmm ...thats scary when they can't make the debits and credits ad up .

@barndoor 

This is my glitchy account. The other one ticks along like clockwork. The first time the renewal failed I had topped up my balance to cover my plan amount and had a valid credit card registered for autopay. This time I have more than enough in my balance but an invalid visa gift card registered for autopay.

My two accounts used to renew two days apart after the renewal failure it took more than 24 hours for the moderators to renew my account because it wouldn't let me do it. The following month the renewal started on its original date but took a full 24 hours to renew as my rewards were applied but my data did not reset til 24 hours after that.

I'm noticing now that my payment history is a little wonky too....I wonder what my 9 am pt 611 texts are going to say from pm?

Screenshot_20210528-041614~2.png

barndoor

I can understand the suspension while  payment takes place  ...the expiry thing is just bull**bleep** .You have an expired plan but you  still have service ?? wtf . 

I understand ...it is what it is  ...thats just the PM way . 🙄

@barndoor 

During renewal the expired message is telling you that your previous 30 day plan has expired which is true. It gets confusing when at midnight eastern in changes to suspended despite it resetting your plan features and starting your next 30 days of service. You then have 6 hours to pay for your 30 days of service if you don't have a balance, autopay enabled or experience an autopay failure in or out of your control.

Normally by 6am eastern if you have not made a payment your services will stop or in the case of 90 days of suspension....deactivate your account.

barndoor

Mine looks pretty much like that ... So I'm going to lose my service  tonight ? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor 

Well here is what apparently a renewal failure looks like.... I wonder if I took a screenshot of the first one?

Screenshot_20210528-041308~2.png

barndoor

Sorry...didn't mean to cause issues 😁  ...I have just never come across a company that says your account has expired  BEFORE they take payment  ...the day after if payment has failed would make sense or if they are a truly customer oriented company  and you are in good standing,  a grace period of a week might be appropriate before the red flags go on . 

Need Help? Let's chat.