cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal date

Kimberly1974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My renewal date is the 22nd i want it on the 30th. How do i change it without suspending service from 22 to 30th?

10 REPLIES 10

@gpixel wrote:

@computergeek541 huh, I didn't know chatr was monthly. I was with chatr for a few years. that's hilarious

I've been with Chatr too. They even have special rules about if you activate after the 28th of a month to account for February and other months with less than 31 days.  Chatr calls that day number each month your "anniversary date" (even though it's referring to a monthly thing, not a yearly thing).

@computergeek541 huh, I didn't know chatr was monthly. I was with chatr for a few years. that's hilarious

@gpixel wrote:

prepaid plans have always been 30 days since the beginning of time. this is one of the reasons postpaid is more attractive. back in the day and even now, prepaid is still more expensive than postpaid. the throttled LTE is what finally gave prepaid an edge over postpaid services

not with all carriers

Wind/Freedom Mobile and Chatr Wireless prepaid plans have always been 1 month long.

@softech .. and honest.. i don't know why PM chose to do that.. it makes things a lot harder to track.. i am using an app to track my data usage, i have to use the paid version to make it trackable for a 30 days cycle 

prepaid plans have always been 30 days since the beginning of time. this is one of the reasons postpaid is more attractive. back in the day and even now, prepaid is still more expensive than postpaid. the throttled LTE is what finally gave prepaid an edge over postpaid services

@Kimberly1974 

Just follow @kselmak advice and pay for your service on the 30th if thats your payday. The bonus of paying ahead of renewal is you never have to worry about an autopay failure. And you still get your autopay reward.

You can track your data with the data tracker in your phone. Use the reminder(to pay your bill) text from pm to check your data tracker to see if you need to reset it by one day (depending on the month). If you havent already done so.....turn off all your background data on your apps, enable your data saver and set your data warning (25%) and data limiter (50%) to avoid any nasty data surprises.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kimberly1974  You can do what you wish but you would have to either:

a) renew your current plan early on that date, or 

b) change your plan on that date. 

BUT you will be paying twice as plans are not prorated when changed. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Public plan are running on a 30 days cycle.. not monthly.. so, it really doesn't matter .. as it will keep changing

.. and honest.. i don't know why PM chose to do that.. it makes things a lot harder to track.. i am using an app to track my data usage, i have to use the paid version to make it trackable for a 30 days cycle 🙂

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You can make manual payment when ever your e want and still receive autopay rewards.

Even if you messaged to move it to 30th it will creep back to 22 in about 1.5 years

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Kimberly1974 Renewal date can't be set. It changes on because plans are 30 days.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Kimberly1974 ,

Here at Public Mobile plans are every 30 days, not monthly. So renewals will fluctuate days each renewal.

You can suspend until the 30th, but your plan will renew again in 30 days time.

When you renew on the 22nd, you can renew AGAIN on the 30th, BUT, you will lose out on the remaining of the funds you prepaid for....but this will not solve your issue, if you are looking for a renewal every month on the 30th.

Need Help? Let's chat.