cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Autopay during the switch to Koodo

KDnuni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

I recently did the Koodo switch promo a few days ago and currently waiting for the account to be approved and activated. However, my Public Mobile plan is set to be renewed this Saturday March 17th. I don't want to be charged for 90 days of service just as I am switching over so I am planning on turning off the autopay tomorrow. Can someone let me know how my Public Mobile service will be affected? Will the account be suspended after March 17? I also requested my number be ported to Koodo so will this affect it as well?

Thank you for the help.

4 REPLIES 4

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

have fun at koodo!

KDnuni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you. Yes, I think i will switch to the least expensive plan to keep the line active.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

If you turn off auto pay and make no manual payment your plan will go into suspended mode and you will loose connection to the network.

You need to have an active plan / working phone at the time of the port-out or the process will fail.

An option, if you don't think that the port will happen before your plan is suspended is doing a future dated plan change to one of the least expensive plans (30days for 250MB, or 30days/unlimited texts, for $20).

@KDnuniwrote:

Hello all,

I recently did the Koodo switch promo a few days ago and currently waiting for the account to be approved and activated. However, my Public Mobile plan is set to be renewed this Saturday March 17th. I don't want to be charged for 90 days of service just as I am switching over so I am planning on turning off the autopay tomorrow. Can someone let me know how my Public Mobile service will be affected? Will the account be suspended after March 17? I also requested my number be ported to Koodo so will this affect it as well?

Thank you for the help.

If you don't pay for the plan and you haven't yet ported over to Koodo, your Public Mobile service will be suspended.  If it is suspended state, you cannot port your number to another carrier. You need to keep your Public Mobile service active until then.

Need Help? Let's chat.