cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding cancelling my subscription temporarily

Peachypineapple
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am currently out of the country and will only be returning in Sep. my payment cycle starts on the 10 of every month. My payment is on auto-pay. My payment was processed today, and forgot to cancel my subscription is there a way to carry over this month's funds to Sep and cancel my subscription temporarily.

3 REPLIES 3

@Peachypineapple 

If you have a balance or autopay and you don't want to remove autopay the best way to suspend your service is to use the lost/stolen feature in your self serve account. If you suspend before midnight eastern on your 30th day of your cycle ( just before renewal) any balance will remain untouched and autopay will not charge your card.

However if you have any rewards they will not automatically apply and you will have to contact the moderators after you unsuspend, pay and reactivate your service to ask them to apply them manually. This method will keep your voicemail service working so you could check messages on your pm voicemail by using a calling app like fongo ( or just another phone) while you are away.

Otherwise you can suspend your account anytime up until your next renewal on (July 9th?) so before midnight eastern on the evening of July 8th. Although you have some leeway between midnite and 2am to suspend your service before autopay kicks in at about 2 am but you sacrifice active voicemail but you will have any rewards applied though....

There are no refunds or prorating with prepaid service but if you are on a larger data plan like the $40/5gb plan and it is not grandfathered or has any special promotions that you could lose...you could contact the moderators and explain you misunderstood the 30 days/monthly renewal and you intended to suspend your account but missed it ....they may (no promises) be willing to switch you to the $15 plan for the next 30 days since you can't use the service and credit your account the difference.

You can then suspend your account sometime in the next 28/29 days and your 90 days (but best to activate around day 85 in case there are issues!) of suspension before account deactivation will begin on July 9th and end on October 6th.**...so plan to reactivate by October 1st just to play it really safe.

If you are already on the $15 plan oh well its not the end of the world. **Double check your next renewal date to be absolutely sure of the dates. Happy travels!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Peachypineapple wrote:

Hi,

I am currently out of the country and will only be returning in Sep. my payment cycle starts on the 10 of every month. My payment is on auto-pay. My payment was processed today, and forgot to cancel my subscription is there a way to carry over this month's funds to Sep and cancel my subscription temporarily.

@Peachypineapple 

No, you cannot carry over this month's funds to September, sorry.

As @cellphoneuser1  already mentioned, after 90 days of non-payment (once account goes into Suspended status), your account will be permanently deactivated.

This means you will:

1-Lose access to your phone number (and Self Serve account), and won’t be able to transfer the phone number to a new provider in the future.

2-Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

So, if you really want to keep your phone number, and let your plan go into suspended status, and you are afraid you may forgot to renew before the 90 days....you could schedule a plan change to the lowest value of plan the $15 one, and keep that on autopay.

If you know you will be able to remind yourself to reactive before the 90 days are up, then you could:

• remove any autopay, and let your plan go into suspended status (that is, if you do not have enough Available Funds to have your plan renew already)
  • IF you do have Available Funds to renew you plan again, then near the end of this cycle, you could use the Lost/Stolen feature to prevent another payment. See here for more info. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone. But again it must be reactivated before 90 days if you want to keep your number.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Peachypineapple wrote:

Hi,

The payment isn't the 10th of every month. Your plan is 30 days and your due date can change. You don't cancel you subscription. You just stop paying. Don't leave the account 90 days past the missed payment or account gets closed. You can't move the service to later. The 30 days will go to waste.

Need Help? Let's chat.