cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

mhabob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have switched to another provider but Public Mobile is still charge me from my crdit card as I did Pre authorzation.Please I reuest to refund me and stop takaing from my credit card.

How can I do that. 

9 REPLIES 9

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Maybe the timing was very tight, and the plan renewed just before the number ported out.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

If the op's number was ported out, then I think they deserve the refund. Of course I have no control over that, but it seems like PM's fault in that case and the client deserves a refund.

Or they could contact the CRTC and I think they'd see it my way. No number, no service possible.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/plaint.htm

I would agree OP should get a refund if the payment happended after the porting, but like you said we have no conrol:)

If the op's number was ported out, then I think they deserve the refund. Of course I have no control over that, but it seems like PM's fault in that case and the client deserves a refund.

Or they could contact the CRTC and I think they'd see it my way. No number, no service possible.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/plaint.htm

@ChuckYeah wrote:

If the op ported out their number, wouldn't their account be closed and therefore they would not be charged for further cycles?

@mhabob  If you didn't port your number, and you didn't remove autopay/credit card, then your Public Mobile Account was still open and as far as they would know, you still wanted it to be open.

@ChuckYeah  I think I have read other posts where CC on file kept getting charged the plan fee even though the customer had changed carriers, so it is always advised to remove your CC first before porting out. 

@mhabob   You should also phone your CC company and ask them to stop any further payments being charged to the card for PM.

If the op ported out their number, wouldn't their account be closed and therefore they would not be charged for further cycles?

@mhabob  If you didn't port your number out, and you didn't remove autopay/credit card, then your Public Mobile Account was still open and as far as they would know, you still wanted it to be open.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mhabob wrote:

There is misunderstaning. AFTER i switch to another provider, Public Mobile withdraw from my credit card. Please I need phone number of customer service to solve this issue and to stop Public Mobile to withdraw from my credit card.

There is no phone support here at PM, you can only send moderators a message and they will respond and remove your CC from your deactivated account for you.  Response time to hear back can be anywhere from 1-24 hours.

mhabob
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There is misunderstaning. AFTER i switch to another provider, Public Mobile withdraw from my credit card. Please I need phone number of customer service to solve this issue and to stop Public Mobile to withdraw from my credit card.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mhabob wrote:

I have switched to another provider but Public Mobile is still charge me from my crdit card as I did Pre authorzation.Please I reuest to refund me and stop takaing from my credit card.

How can I do that. 

@mhabob  You should have removed your CC from your account before porting out your number.  Now you will need to message moderators via SIMon: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type 'rep', select 'contact us', then 'submit ticket' and follow the prompts to finish submission.

Only moderators will be able to access the account and may as a gesture of goodwill  refund charges although keep in mind PM is prepaid and they have no obligation to refund.  Good luck.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you remove your credit card.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-autopay

PM is prepaid so not very likely that you will get a refund but you could try submitting a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.