cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Rob54
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My name is <something>, I just transferred from public mobile to koodo today, I ported my phone number from public to koodo which was <something>. I still had $154 in my public mobile account that I would like refunded. 

Post edited by stone chucker to remove personal information.

6 REPLIES 6

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Rob, good luck in trying but there isn't a carrier in the country that has a policy to refund prepaid balances.  If they do it, they are overriding policy and making an exception.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rob54 

PM is prepaid provider.  There is no refund for prepaid account in Canada including PM.  You are creating a virtual contract by overpaying your prepaid account.  You should have ask the question before porting out your PM number.  Your PM account is closed as soon as your number is ported out.  You cannot login to your self-serve account anymore.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rob54 wrote:

My name is (name), I just transferred from public mobile to koodo today, I ported my phone number from public to koodo which was (phone number). I still had $154 in my public mobile account that I would like refunded. 

@Rob54  Unfortunately that amount will not be refunded since PM is strictly a prepaid service. It would have been best to use up the account balance before porting to Koodo. The only chance is to contact the moderator team and see if it's possible to do something for you since Koodo is a sister company. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

edited by computergeek541: personal information removed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rob54 wrote:

My name is xxxxxxx, I just transferred from public mobile to koodo today, I ported my phone number from public to koodo which was xxxxxxxx. I still had $154 in my public mobile account that I would like refunded. 

If that amount was made of your actual hard earned money then why'd you leave so much there? If it's just rewards and credits over time then you aren't really missing it are you.

It being a fellow Telus company maybe they might do something for you like transferring it into your Koodo account. But I highly doubt you'd get a refund in the mail or back on a credit card.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As @Triguy said, delete your personal information from the post. You're just targetting yourself for spam or worse.

Normally PM wouldn't refund you anything but try a mod, only because it's Koodo. You may also want to see if Koodo will give you any credit for your PM balance.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should remove your personal info.  PM plans are prepaid so usually no refunds but trying contacting a moderator.

contact moderator team to fix:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.