cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

pughball
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent

I am appaled at Publicmobile's behaviour.  You have increased my rate by 25%, out of the clear blue sky.

you offer to swithch me to Koodo for $40/month, but I literally paid for my 120 days 2 days ago.  I am supposed to eat $120 of payment and switch. On top of that, I HAVE to purchase a new phone on a Koodo tab in order to qualify for this "promotion".  Disgusting.

I'll switch, but I'd like, at the very least, a pro-rated refund of my "3 months" service which won't amount to even 20 days.

Thanks,

Pughball

30 REPLIES 30

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001cwrote:

@NDesai also note that this "refund" is itself a trap

You are on a plan

Public sends out a notice about increasing price

In a normal situation you can either pay more or port out

But in this scenario they are trying to force migrate you over to Koodo

The $100 credit barely covers what you have already paid them

And if you should choose another provider you have lost what you paid

Since prepay is non refundable

First off - let me state I am not happy.

THis is not a trap... it is goodwill.  Nobody has to stay with PM, but can choose to. They are offering a "refund" if you choose to stay under the Telus umbrella, but wish not to stay with PM (almost a transferring of services, although not really 1:1)

One always has the choice to:

- switch (now, or soon and get a credit)

- stay with PM until their current pre-pay runs out then switch (gamble that a better deal is offered somewhere)*

stay with PM until their current pre-pay runs out  and stay (paying an increased price for their next service)

* Personally, I would switch and then switch again if/when a better suited deal comes along.

Either way, I do not see it as a trap... although I am not happy about this.

@NDesai also note that this "refund" is itself a trap

You are on a plan

Public sends out a notice about increasing price

In a normal situation you can either pay more or port out

But in this scenario they are trying to force migrate you over to Koodo

The $100 credit barely covers what you have already paid them

And if you should choose another provider you have lost what you paid

Since prepay is non refundable

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tbcampbell58wrote:

I have the same issue - it's completely unfair to expect us to forfeit $120 on top of losing loyalty rewards. A $100 credit doesn't even cover it. The Koodo switch deal should at least extend until the end of the current billing cycle to avoid forcing abandonment at the beginning of a cycle. This is terrible for public perception.

This is a very good point.  It would be better to allow for the cut-over on people's billing cycle.

However, this is just perception. We have to be careful what we are comparing things to. Remember, the price is going up (which can be argued it shouldn't be for sure based on the information that has been shared across the community). However:

- the price is going up, by $10/month.  If you factor your average loyalty rewards one currently has it will likely bring that down to an amount which may or may not be $10/month.

- even if one's rewards were $10/month.. you broke even (based on the fact the plans are going up)

- it is highly unlikely that one is going to get new PM referrals.

So this is what I am thinking for my situation (which does not apply to everyone):

I am going to be paying more if I stay with PM.  I will be paying less if I switch (not based on what I am currently paying, but based on what I will be paying).  From a $ to $ point of view, I am only concerned about paying less/moth with acceptable quality of service. For some that might mean going to a competitor; for me, I have to stay on the Telus network (best service in my community).  The switch to Koodo is an no-brainer for me*.  Even though I just renewed a week or so ago, the bill credit does cover that loss (looknig at what the plan cost is going to be, not what it was)

* I am not going to a competitor out of spite to give the finger to Telus, because I will be paying more to get less if I do.  What is happening is not right (legality aside), but it is happening.  I wish their was better communication about why though, as people have obviously been lied to (although lawyers will beg to differ as there is technically no contract and they can argue that the value of the plan is going up)

acherons

the $10 is for each month and autopay/reward is for 3months...

@NDesai

Most of which you already summed up (btw less than 30 days notice since Feb only has 28 days I think you forgot)

Postpaid

Pay $15 for Koodo SIM

Loss of rewards (everyone has autopay + 1 year loyalty at least)

OR

Stay on Public

Take a $10 price hike (which basically wipes out the $6 autopay reward & $3 loyalty credit)

We saw just recently once they want you off a plan this is not last change

Legacy Pioneer plans had at least 3 price increases

@kav2001cwrote:

@NDesai really??? Cat Surprised

@NDesaiwrote:

Well, you have 30 days from now to March 15 to switch. You can use your current PM plan for 20+ days and then swtich to koodo and get that $100 credit. I think this is more than fair. 

How is it not? Even if anyone renewed yesterday can use the plan for ~30 days. That is about $40/30 days of use. When you switch, you get $100 credit and you loose about $80 because of the switch. I am not considering the referral loss and the koodo post-paid requirements. 

I am not on the $40 4GB plan so my point of view might differ from most of you.

@NDesai really??? Cat Surprised

@NDesaiwrote:

Well, you have 30 days from now to March 15 to switch. You can use your current PM plan for 20+ days and then swtich to koodo and get that $100 credit. I think this is more than fair. 

DaVibe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@sonicianwrote:

Someone else posted this in the main thread:

"Thanks for your reply!
Yes, if you do port out, all funds, plans and add-ons are deleted and as a prepaid service, we don't offer refunds. Koodo will provide a one time 100$ bill credit once you switch over to cover the cost of the lost plan."

Thanks for sharing, that's not good to hear for us, the customer.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@devassistwrote:

Thanks for the info. Since it is a prepaid service which we will not get, shall we just ask credit card company for a charge back?

If you intend to switch and want to keep your number and port it to the new carrier I would not do it. Because PM will suspend service and you can only port out from active accounts.

devassist
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the info. Since it is a prepaid service which we will not get, shall we just ask credit card company for a charge back?

acherons

thats totally BS, i will leave PM not matter how cheap they are.

A dishonest company not worth 1 cent from me

dkrzak

I'm on the same boat have two accounts that just renewed about week ago.  I regret deeply not going with the 60$/10gig plans they had couple months ago, but that this plan being about year old there shouldn't be any increases. This is really poorly exectuted price increase.  It's calculated to attract customers to public mobile for a plan that worked for them and now swtiching to Koodo. I"m sure there is some price bumps for Koodo that will be slapped in couple of months. Just for that I'll make sure Telus/Koodo will be the lastones I recomend or join again. 

sonician
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Someone else posted this in the main thread:

"Thanks for your reply!
Yes, if you do port out, all funds, plans and add-ons are deleted and as a prepaid service, we don't offer refunds. Koodo will provide a one time 100$ bill credit once you switch over to cover the cost of the lost plan."

tazz131

It's more than fair to give me $100 to switch out of a plan that was guaranteed not to change?

Let alone also now deal with the hassle of helping all of the people I've moved over to PM?  

Let alone also lose out on all of the billing credits?

Let alone also deal with the issue that my mother-in-law, who I signed up, also signed up another handful of people...

More than fair?  The amount of work this is going to cause me and my family is ludicris.

And...Before you tell me that the price increase is only $10 and that maybe all of that work isn't fair...Well, maybe PM should be loyal to its customers.

pughball

If you're telling me they DIDN'T deliberately do this AFTER we missed out on the holiday 10GB promotion, you're deluded.

This is slimy at best, downright criminal at worst.

I MIGHT switch to Koodo or Telus but to say I am soured on them right now would be just a TAD underselling it.

and I thought Rogers was bad.  I have ZERO referrals, but likely got 10+ people to switch.  That kind of loyalty is being lost quite quickly.

ck618

Agree! I just got charged for $120, and the $100 credit would not cover!

They should extend the deadline for switching to Koodo to the end of our 120 days!

Otherwise, either refund or carry forward our credit to Koodo!

BEST

I have the same problem this is a scam increasing my price and forcing to transfer

smeeps

It is not "Fair" as you term it.

My 90 day payment went through a few days ago, and even after switching through after 20+ days, I am still having to go through the inconvinience of changing my carrier, and doing a credit check which is forced on us when we switch to Koodo. Further, $100 is the least Koodo and PM should be offering for the trouble, plus a pro-rated return on the service not used. Especially since we are forced out, and not moving to a different company by choice.

tbcampbell58

I have the same issue - it's completely unfair to expect us to forfeit $120 on top of losing loyalty rewards. A $100 credit doesn't even cover it. The Koodo switch deal should at least extend until the end of the current billing cycle to avoid forcing abandonment at the beginning of a cycle. This is terrible for public perception.

@tazz131wrote:

Yup, I too want to be reimbursed - The $100 bill credit isn't enough...Ridiculous.

Shawn93

It needs to be kept in mind that we're ALSO losing all the loyalty discounts by switching. This is sudden and implemented poorly. Were we not to switch would we be charged more for the months we already paid for? I want a refund so I can leave. I went with Public Mobile to be contractless just so this type of thing doesn't happen.

tazz131

Because that's a logical solution which doesn't equate to stealing someone's money.

jurn

Considering they didn't even mention the issue of a refund for those who just paid, I assume that is what the $100 is supposed to cover? Must be nice to be at the end of the three month and get a bonus $100...What about us suckers who just paid???

Is anyone going to address this?

smeeps

I do not understand why the Koodo offer is not extended out for 90 days till the end of April/May so that we can run through our current 90 day plan before switch.

jzmtl

Yes this is absolutely crap. Raise rates out of the blue, then pretend to offer discount that will expire before the next billing cycle.

Bolt

yes just paid a week ago  - REFUND and get out telus group

Shawn93

I came for the same reason. I'd like a refund so I can switch. @CS_Agent

tazz131

Yup, I too want to be reimbursed - The $100 bill credit isn't enough...Ridiculous.

unwiller

yes, i have the same problem.

acherons

same, will we get refund? I just paid for the next 3 month a week ago...

Need Help? Let's chat.