cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

sandiv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a $20.00 credit on my account. I will be porting my number over to Freedom Mobile at the end of the month. How do I get the $20 credit reimbursed to me prior to porting my number?

12 REPLIES 12

@sagarpednekar85  If I understand correctly. It sounds like he opened a new account, applied $22 (Paid more than $22 at store with hst / fees) voucher to the account, spent $10 off available for 30 day $10 plan balance and now has $12 left, doesn't like the service and wants $12 back.

If you want to clarify more upload a screen shot / receipets of your account payment history / store purchase. but either way... Pre-paid public mobile is no refund. Voucher is double no refund.

Only thing you can do is contact that mods and hope for the best. I'd say the best situation is being able to get a new voucher in the amount of $12 and be able to "transfer it to a friend" or sell it to someone else here for paypal / emt at 70-80% of its face value. @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sagarpednekar85 wrote:

Available funds are $12

Ok. So maybe that's $10 for your plan already credited. Maybe $2 for the autopay but that should only show up in Available Funds at renewal time so I'm not sure why you have the other $2.

Maybe you could post a screenshot of your overview page and the payment history. Blank out any personal info of course.

So what all exactly did you pay and what for? Did you get a receipt detailing what you paid for?

So let me back up...when did you sign up?

Did you use any referrals?

sagarpednekar85

Available funds are $12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sagarpednekar85 wrote:

I would like to try for 1 month. But When I was sold this plan at Walmart the Sales rep. was not clear on coupon that it is charged for $22, I thought it was going to be free. I just need the $10 plan for 1 month. So wondering what will be the Refund amount in this case ? 

@sagarpednekar85:

Did you just get this this past weekend with the promo?

If so, then it should have been that you pay for the first month of service and get the SIM for free AND you get credit on your account for the amount of the plan you chose to go towards renewing it the following month.

Again, what does your Available Funds say?

I'm not sure you're due any refund. You might have erroneously paid for the SIM and MAYBE you could get that credited to your account. But then you say you only need it for a month. There are rarely any refunds in the pre-paid world. If the vendor mis-charged you OR...OR...they aren't "participating" in the promo then you're kinda outta luck.

sagarpednekar85

I would like to try for 1 month. But When I was sold this plan at Walmart the Sales rep. was not clear on coupon that it is charged for $22, I thought it was going to be free. I just need the $10 plan for 1 month. So wondering what will be the Refund amount in this case ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sagarpednekar85 wrote:

Hi, 

I’m not happy with the $22 top made by the sales rep. when I got the new sim and he informed to get in touch in the public community for Refund. Can you please help? Thanks. 

@sagarpednekar85

Is your service working?

If you have Available Funds and you intend to stay for more than a month then the Available Funds will be used first to pay for the next month and then it'll try to find it elsewhere like autopay/cc.

What does your Available Funds say?

Do you intend to stay here for more than a month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sagarpednekar85, Not sure what you mean by the 'top'.  As for refunds, there are 'generally' no refunds with a prepaid service such as Public mobile.  That said, what is the problem you are having?

sagarpednekar85

Hi, 

I’m not happy with the $22 top made by the sales rep. when I got the new sim and he informed to get in touch in the public community for Refund. Can you please help? Thanks. 

Thiagodiniz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I changed my provider yesterday and I had $95 dollars  available to ask for a refund. How can I do that? 

You can ask but the official policy is that you don't get reimbursed for it and the $20 balance is lost when you port out.

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since Public Mobile is a PREpaid service, there are generally no refunds, even if you have a balance in your account.  It may be possible to get a refund by contacting the @CS_Agent, but no guarantees.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @sandiv,

Sad to hear that you will be leaving us but I would recommend you sending a message to the Moderators using the below link with your account number, phone number and your request to see if they can still refund you the $20 credit in your account:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.