cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of incomplete application

Rairajbir17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Dear,

Today I was at a public mobile kiosk and bought a number but due to some technical issues, public mobile website get hanged in between. Then the kiosk lady advised to get new number again and did the same. But now when I checked my bank account I am charged two times. Is there any way I can get my refund for extra money they have deducted.

26 REPLIES 26

@Master2000 wrote:

3. Call your credit card customer service and tell them there was a fraud and request chargeback for the transaction not refund. Don’t tell them the truth. Get your credit card replace with a new number.

If they catch @Rairajbir17 lying, then what?  All Rairajbir17 would have to say to say is they were charged twice. Why lie?

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ultimate solution:
1. Change the credit card used to pay your Public mobile account.

2. Ask moderator to refund your credit card and take money on your new credit card.
If Public Mobile can’t refund you, add enough money in your Public Mobile account to cover your plan with new credit card.

3. Call your credit card customer service and tell them there was a fraud and request chargeback for the transaction not refund. Don’t tell them the truth. Get your credit card replace with a new number.

@Rairajbir17 wrote:

I am chatting with Simon only. Now I posted a ticket and explained the situation. Hopefully, they will contact me.

Thank you so much for your help @Dunkman 

Good luck....  must be a frustrating experience.  Moderators (ie. humans) are more helpful....  Smiley Happy

Rairajbir17

I am chatting with Simon only. Now I posted a ticket and explained the situation. Hopefully, they will contact me.

Thank you so much for your help @Dunkman 

@Rairajbir17 

Are you discussing your situation with a moderator (PM employee) or Simon (automatic computer system)?  You should be private messaging a moderator.  

That is the problem with this type of customer service.  Private messaging is not a "live chat" discussion.  

I would suggest that you write a detailed, concise message from beginning to end describing your situation.  Explain that you have access only to one SIM card/account and you don't have access to "failed" Sim card.  etc.....  

@Rairajbir17 wrote:

I don't know how I can explain my situation to the mandator.  It always ends up with I am sorry I didn't understand the question.

You don't need to explain to Simon. Simon is a computer robot. Tell the moderators about the situation in the ticket. You can choose pre-filled options for the ticket or choose "other issue" and type in details.

Rairajbir17

I don't know how I can explain my situation to the mandator.  It always ends up with I am sorry I didn't understand the question.

@Rairajbir17 

Did you tell the moderator your situation that you don't have the SIM card?  What did moderator say to do next?

That's a big mess.....  not sure what we (as fellow customers) can do to help.  PM and moderators need to figure out a solution....

Rairajbir17

That exactly the case.

Mandator is asking for sim no, which I  don't have.

@Rairajbir17 

We are customers like yourself on this website.  We have no access to your account.  

After reading the whole thread, it looks like that you signed up for two accounts.  One account that you are using and the other account where the kiosk lady got rid of the SIM card because she thought that the SIM card was "bad" or not working.  You signed up for autopay for both accounts and that is why you are being charge automatically for this month's payment x 2.  Unless you get this fixed, you will be charged every month.  

You need to figure out this situation with moderator help.  As community members, we can't help you directly.  

Rairajbir17

I don't even have the account for that sim where I can see the balance.

Rairajbir17

Mandator is asking for the sim card no, I don't have that. 

@Rairajbir17 

You will need to contact moderator again to fix account.  Do you see the extra balance in your available funds?  ie. $40

If not, you will need to contact moderator.  Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of the website to start ticketing process to get moderator help.

Rairajbir17

Anyone can help me on this one. Public mobile charged me double money again.

@Rairajbir17 wrote:

20191017_234904.jpg

This is the screenshot of bank transactions.

You got charged twice because two Public Mobile accounts got activated. When site hangs during payment, never let a retailer do it again unleess you check if charged. Store person should have known better too.

@Rairajbir17Public Mobile has no customer service number, you can only contact the moderator via clicking on the ? in the lower right hand corner. They keep the cost low that way.

Rairajbir17

@chukdefatey  I already paid a visit to that kiosk where I bought the sim. And she said she doesn't have any sim number because they already garbage it and she can't do anything for unsuccessful activation. She told me to talk to public mobile.

Rairajbir17

@chukdefatey  I hope you live in Canada and very well familiar with the term  kiosk.

If you not familiar with this term, let me know I can explain you. 

@Rairajbir17 wrote:

20191017_234904.jpg

Rairajbir17

20191017_234904.jpg

This is the screenshot of bank transactions.

Rairajbir17

Public mobile charged 44.80 twice.

Is there any customer service number?

@Rairajbir17 wrote:

I tried to apply for refund but the webpage is asking for sim card number which I don't have. Because the kiosk lady gave us the new sim.

Please follow the direction as provided by @will13am . That's the surest method to get your concern adressed by a moderator. The website portal has no method of getting a refund. How much $$ do you think you overpaid ?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rairajbir17 wrote:

I tried to apply for refund but the webpage is asking for sim card number which I don't have. Because the kiosk lady gave us the new sim.

What are you talking about? What Refund? How do you apply for a Refund? What Kiosk Lady?  I might be a good idea to pay a visit to the Kiosk Lady who gave you the sim because what you are saying makes no sense.

Rairajbir17

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would ask the moderator team about this, it sounds like a glitch.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rairajbir17 , check your self serve account.  If you see a fund credit in the account, I would suggest just keeping it there for the next month's payment.  Refunds take a long time to process, much longer than on plan cycle.  If the funds are not in the account, the best thing to do is to seek a credit to the account.  The moderator team can process that for you.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Rairajbir17You will need to contact the moderators as they have the power to issue refunds.. click on the ? on the lower right hand corner and type in contact moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.