cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Available Funds

curjoe45
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I'm planning on switching to Fido because of the Black Friday deal, and I confirmed with them I'll be witching, but I wanted to make sure I left no loose ends so I went to my public account and paid $141 for my cycle. I didn't see that it was for next cycle, and I will be switching over this weekend. I literally just paid $141 for something I will not even be using because I won't be here in 3 months. My thing with public is a 3 month thing. How do I get that refunded because I literally just didn't know. Two steps away from snapping my laptop in half... haven't done this transfer thing before and I just want those available funds back in my bank account. 

10 REPLIES 10

@curjoe45 if you port out, your Public Mobile account will be closed. The SIM card cannot be re-used.

curjoe45

Question, then.
If I port my number back over to Fido, what happens to my current Public SIM? It's prepaid, so will it just generate a new number for my current Public SIM? Or will it just become unusable?

As stated you can raise a trouble ticket through the chatbot but there are no guarantees.  It is unfortunate you did this by error but it is clearly listed in the Terms of Service that prepaid credits are non-refundable.

ShawnC13_0-1605852295682.png

Hopefully the moderators will be able to help you out

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@curjoe45 

Fyi,

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Porting Your Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.The SMS text will read as follows:Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact us at ** Thank you.If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port help”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team who will be able to assist you.

curjoe45

Sounds good, I mean yeah if it doesn't happen, this is one expensive lesson learned.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@curjoe45  In order to be able to port out your number to Fido you account must be active. For a refund your only option is too submit a ticket and ask.

@curjoe45 

Check with the moderators. It is their call. If a refund is not an option, then ask if you can transfer the funds to a family members account with PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So you wanna claim loyalty privileges when you're intending to leave. That sounds logical.

curjoe45

tumblr_n9n5r1pYEj1qd2dgqo3_1280

so I paid an amount. an amount that I won't even be using, because it's to be stored in my Available Funds for future use for a cycle that is three months in the future. and I can't have the amount I literally am just storing, not even used yet, and they're gonna take that $141?

My mistake wasn't putting the funds in ahead of time, my mistake was ever joining Public.

I've been a Public user for over two years--since 2017. I've recommended them to my friends and family for so long, and this? Now? Of all times?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@curjoe45 

There are no guarantees you will get anything back, because this all prepaid. Contact a moderator to request a refund.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts. 
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.