cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Credit Refund

joel5321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

Is it possible to get a refund of the referral credit or will it just remain there? Also, I joined Public Mobile and got a winback from another carrier. Will I need to pay for my next month bill as well or will everything disappear from my account? How do I entirely close my account and all the details?

5 REPLIES 5

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Agree with previous posts. In order to use that money, you will need to put towards your renewal of services. If you decide to port out, the money is gone.

For your departure, remove your payment details and let the plan expire. It's that easy.

Really though...why not stay?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a prepaid service.  There are no refunds, not even for funds placed in the account through a top up.  Just remove any payment card in the account and let the account lapse and go into the deactivated state.  

As with Shawn, I agree that you're not going to get a refund for a credit that was never paid for.  I would say it would be even doubtful/difficult to get a refund on an account balance that was paid for.  The policy at Public Mobile, as with all prepaid carriers, is no refunds.  Sorry.

There also is no "deleting" details of an account.  You can definitely remove any credits cards you have saved in your account, but any information about payments that you've already made on that card are kept in Public Mobile's account records.  As, for your name, and address, you could always change those details, but I'm unsure as to if Public Mobile would still keep past mailing/billing addresses archived in the computer somewhere.  In this digital age, nothing ever just vanishes. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joel5321 wrote:

Hello, 

Is it possible to get a refund of the referral credit or will it just remain there? Also, I joined Public Mobile and got a winback from another carrier. Will I need to pay for my next month bill as well or will everything disappear from my account? How do I entirely close my account and all the details?

Credits on your account should get used up at each renewal. It shouldn't just remain there.

You need to port out while active and then you will lose everything and it closes the account and you're gone. First remove your credit card which will stop autopay.

Apparently the email address stays around for an unknown length of time.

Edit: porting assumes you would intend to keep your number going back to the other provider. Otherwise just remove the cc and then let it consume all your credit and let it lapse. 90 days later you're gone.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@joel5321 wrote:

Hello, 

You just por tyour number out and if you haven't ported in yet remove teh credit card from autopay and it will close.  Sorry but I don't think any company would refund you a referral credit as you aren't out any money at all.  It is a credit given to the company for future service with them.  Not like a cash deposit

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.