cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recharging the account did not give a full month

jgrewal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed the plan on my account and re-charged it to top up for the following month. The system is telling me that the account has been charged there is $25 on the account, however I still cannot make any calls. Also, the system is telling me that I will be recharged the same amount ($25) on the 17th which is in two days. Why is that the case? I have already paid for a full month why am I only being given two days for the $25 that has already been paid?

21 REPLIES 21

@jgrewal wrote:

So, does that mean that I will not be charged $25 again on my card tomorrow?

I can live with that if that is the case...

If you have $25 in your available funds, your renewal will draw from that.

👌

jgrewal

So, does that mean that I will not be charged $25 again on my card tomorrow?

I can live with that if that is the case...

jgrewal

The account is active and as shown below funds are available as well:

jgrewal_0-1602892889962.png

@jgrewal wrote:

Yes everything was working on the $15 plan.

I depleted my funds on that plan a few days ago and the phone stopped working.

I therefore decided to upgrade to the $25 plan yesterday.

I made the payment, everything went thorough fine. The account shows that $25 has is present on the account. However, I was unable to use my phone.

I called *611 to validate that funds had been applied and I got the message that $25 were available on the account and the next charge would be on 17th of October which was in two days yesterday.

I still cannot use my phone, no calls or texts will go through. I can only use some parts of the phone when I am connected to the internet.

To renew your plan early you should contact the moderators to restart your 30-day plan again early. But since you are renewing tomorrow, I would just wait, if you can hold off. Just make sure your available funds say $25.

You can always add a 500 minute $5 addon to your a $15 Plan - it is a great option!!

jgrewal

Yes everything was working on the $15 plan.

I depleted my funds on that plan a few days ago and the phone stopped working.

I therefore decided to upgrade to the $25 plan yesterday.

I made the payment, everything went thorough fine. The account shows that $25 has is present on the account. However, I was unable to use my phone.

I called *611 to validate that funds had been applied and I got the message that $25 were available on the account and the next charge would be on 17th of October which was in two days yesterday.

I still cannot use my phone, no calls or texts will go through. I can only use some parts of the phone when I am connected to the internet.

@jgrewal 

You mentioned you were on the $15 plan. When you say your phone is not working can you still text and receive incoming calls? Is it only outgoing calls not working?

@jgrewal wrote:

Same status, no change:

The charge still stands on the account

I still do not have the use of my phone.

The account still says it will charge another $25 on the 17th

Does your account say the below? If so, you still should be able to use your phone - UNLESS YOU RAN OUT OF MINUTES, and choose "Change Plan On Renewal"!

esjliv_0-1602891846057.png

But if you cannot use your phone contact the moderators as posted in previous posts.

@jgrewal wrote:

Same status, no change:

Does the status say Active? Expired?

jgrewal

Same status, no change:

What is your SELF SERVE status saying now?

jgrewal

I did restart the phone and no change to the status

Well that is No good!

What does your account status say in your SELF SERVE account?

If it is not ACTIVE, I would contact the moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ (if after clicking this you get an option to: Ignore OR Go to PublicMobile.ca – HIT THE “Ignore” option)

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jgrewal

No,  the account charge is not applicable. I cannot call anyone from my phone. $25 was charged on my account. The credit card was charged $25. The account does show $25 on my account. However, I have not had the use of my phone since yesterday.

Hello @jgrewal ,

Have you rebooted your phone?

Did you choose "Change on next renewal"?

Did you add the funds in your account for the $25 amount?

Not good if you cannot make calls right now.

Was your account suspended at one point?

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service

jgrewal

I am not sure about the charging option I chose. I was on a $15 plan, however, I changed to the $25 plan now. The charge of $25 did go through, and my account does reflect the charge. I still cannot call anywhere with my phone though. When I dial *611 I get the message that a charge of $25 will be applied on the 17th. Also, it does say that I do have $25 in my account and the next auto payment will be on the 17th of October.

"30-days" and "1 month" aren't always the same thing.

Not much difference, but more often than not it will offset the billing date by a day (or two) when the cycle renews. Be aware of shifting payment dates over passing months.

You also don't get Rewards for interrupted billing cycles.

@gpixel wrote:

@jgrewal changed your plan to which one? you should of topped up your account by going to the "payment" section before you changed plans

Not needed. Immediate plan chnage forces it. That doesn't need to be done sepearately.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jgrewal changed your plan to which one? you should of topped up your account by going to the "payment" section before you changed plans

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jgrewal  You cannot renew your existing plan early by simply adding funds ($25) to your account. If you wish to renew your $25 plan early you need to submit a ticket and ask a moderator if they will do it for you.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @jgrewal ,

What does your account status say in you SELF SERVE?

Hit reactivate if it is currently suspended AND you do not have any services.

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@jgrewal  there's two ways to change plans

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

2= Change at next renewal. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

What one did you select?

You said your balance shows $25? So maybe you just added the money and did not change the plan? 

Also note plans are 30 days monthly.

Are you currently on the $15 plan and are trying to change to the $25?

Let us know so we can help you sort your issue out.

Need Help? Let's chat.