cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls

CrisD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can’t receive calls,Have had plan since March.This was an upgrade from 15 to 25 dollars.Message says can’t receive call as dialed .Tried dialing with 1 In front of number,took out SIM card for a minute,tried changing number ,nothing works. Why pay for this plan when all I can do is call out.

7 REPLIES 7

@CrisD wrote:

Can’t receive calls,Have had plan since March.This was an upgrade from 15 to 25 dollars.Message says can’t receive call as dialed .Tried dialing with 1 In front of number,took out SIM card for a minute,tried changing number ,nothing works. Why pay for this plan when all I can do is call out.

Are you trying to receive incoming calls or make outgoing calls?  Or were you calling your cell phone number using a different phone?  I ask because if the plan never changed properly, the $15 plan has a limited number of outgoing calls. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CrisD wrote:

@CrisD  Best to submit a ticket to PM for investigation. This looks like a account provisional issue when changing plans and only the Moderator Team will be able to resolve your issue.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CrisD 

You account may not be provisioned correctly after plan change.

Add $1 to you account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.

Good luck

Have a better and better days!

While you wait for moderator response @CrisD . Try these 2 things

1. Lost/ stolen trick - From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

2. Reset your network.  If you need more directed help with this. Please provide us with the make and model of your phone.  Stay safe. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@CrisD there seems to be a bug in the system or something wrong with Public when people are switching plans at renewal. I am switching in a few days so I am excited to see what happens. 😕

Try going through self serve click plans and add ons, click lost or stolen, then reactivate it. 

If that does not work then contact the moderators here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Naepalm_0-1590781129074.png

P.S. Anyone else notice it is @luddite in the PM screenshot 🙂 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@CrisD  try the sim in another phone, if the problem persists contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Ask them to reset your service. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@CrisD wrote:

Log into My Account ...is your plan Active or something else ? Are the other features still working...like outgoing calls, texting and data ?

Edit..."can't receive call as dialed"..is confusing.

Need Help? Let's chat.