cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really?! Only received call charge my minutes plan?

syantixmanjah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Really?! Only received incoming call you charge my minutes plan?

Don't get me wrong because I choose the smallest plan, because I'm new migrate to Public Mobile that I thought incoming call is not charge my minutes plan.

IMG_20180901_185303.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Why wouldn't incoming calls count? 

Back around the time carriers started charging for incoming text messages, customers used the argument "well, where's the reject button" and customers would end up being charged when they had no control of receiving a text message.  The carriers were pretty much forced to offer customers the option to disable all text messaging on an account.  This doesn't apply for phone calls as a customer can simply choose not to answer the call.

I only recall one carrier in Canada ever including incoming calls on a $0/month plan (advertised as such, but in reality it did cost money becuase you had to top up to keep the account active).  That plan was an old Wind Mobile plan.

Unless specifically advertised as included in the plan, all carriers in Canada charge incoming exactly the same as an outgoing call.  In the past, carriers have offered unlimited incoming, but it was either as a paid add-on or was included as part of the price plan.  

If you plan on receiving incoming calls on a regular basis, you're better off to switch to one of Public Mobile's unlimited calling plans (incoming and outgoing). 

syantixmanjah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the reply. I might be wrong because I saw it not carefully. cc: @Dunkman@mimmo@KMG 🙂IMG_20180901_193000.jpg

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@syantixmanjah

This plan is quite limited.  If you look at the details of the plan, minutes are counted for both incoming and outgoing calls.  Even calls to your voicemail or call forwarding are also counted. 

If you need extra talk minutes, you can buy an plan add on of 400 minutes of Long distance for $15 dollars that can also be used for local and Canada calls.  The nice feature is that the 400 minutes do not expire.  Any unused minutes roll over to the next month.  

Check the details of the $10 plan below:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans/10for50talk50text

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Incoming call are considered minutes. It says so in the plan announcement . Call forwarding also uses minutes 

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Both incoming and ongoing calls count towards your minutes used.

Need Help? Let's chat.