cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating my account

Anna-942
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They were unable to verify my credit card information after I updated the expiry date.  Therefore they were not able to process the transaction and I remain locked out!!!!

15 REPLIES 15

Anna-942

I ended up using a different card. 

@geopublic wrote:

merged is the solution?

🤔😟🤔😟

That wasn't my doing.  I've removed it.

merged is the solution?

🤔😟🤔😟

@Anna-942 

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

If you get it added. You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: 
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. If it fails to add again. Contact the moderators and ask them to add it for you. And to apply payment and reactivate your account. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

@Anna-942 

The payment system is somewhat picky about registering the credit card information.

The address and account holder name needs to exactly match.  If apartment number, leave that section blank.  Sometimes, with postal code, leave a space in between the first 3 digits, while other times, no space.  Try again to adjust the credit card inforamation.  

If unable to properly register credit card, then you will need to contact moderator. 

Submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

If you need phone right away then you can either purchase a voucher and call 611 to make a payment or use the recharge.com or ding.com but there is a service charge.

@Anna-942 

Top up your account using a different card or buying a voucher to gain access. You can also download textnow to hold you over it allows calling and texting. 

Then contact a moderator and have them fix your payment you are trying to provide.

There have been some hiccups lately.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anna-942

I am locked out since yesterday!  Eventually I found out that the reason was that my registered credit card expiry date changed, and I did not register with them.  This was done without any warning!

Since then I made the necessary changes, but the answer was that they are unable to verify my credit card information, therefore the transaction was unsuccessful.  The result is that I do not have acces to my phone for the second day.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Anna-942 if your service is suspended then you may reactivate your service via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.

If you need to change your credit card. Go here in your self service account. 

Make a patment.png

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Stay safe. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Anna-942 wrote:

They were unable to verify my credit card information after I updated the expiry date.  Therefore they were not able to process the transaction and I remain locked out!!!!

@Anna-942  Sometimes removing your credit card and re-adding it fixes the problem. Note that when adding your address use uppercase and enter the address exactly as it appears on your statement. Do not include an apartment number  or unit number or any special characters when entering the address.

Hope this helps!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

instant top up-01.jpeg

@Anna-942 you can go to an esso and purchase an instant top up while you sort this out with a customer rep.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Anna-942 Try calling 611:

1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card (or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Anna-942 wrote:

I would think the best bet is to contact the moderators to sort this out.

You can reach them by going through SIMon, the automated chat bot. Click the GREEN QUESTION MARK in the lower right portion of your screen. Then follow the prompts, select ACTIVATION HELP > OTHER > NOT WORKING to get the ticket to the mods going.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Anna-942 wrote:

If you are locked out of your self-serve to reactivate your account you will need to contact the moderators.

To contact the moderators you need to click on the "?" in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.  This will take you to SIMon the chatbot and there you will follow the prompts to raise a trouble ticket.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.