cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivating account on a different plan

thinkLyndon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I reactivate my account on a lower plan?  I had to leave Canada for a family emergency, wasn't able to purchase credit vouchers and can't get the account reactivated.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@thinkLyndon wrote:

How do I reactivate my account on a lower plan?  I had to leave Canada for a family emergency, wasn't able to purchase credit vouchers and can't get the account reactivated.

Thank you

@thinkLyndon 

Top up your account with credit card or voucher for the plan cost.

Go to Change Plans page, choose your plan and click Change now. Reboot.

If you still have problem , contact CS for help:

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

@thinkLyndon 

Go to the plans and add on page. Choose the new cheaper plan. Choose change plan now. Your service should automatically renew. Keep in mind you can suspend your service for up to 90 days. You can only use your service outside of Canada in the US if you purchase US roaming add ons. It will not work anywhere else in the world so you may not want to reactivate your service until you return to Canada.

Edit:

My sympathies for your loss.

@thinkLyndon    Take a look at this suggestion from one of PM's management team member on how to go about making the plan change during suspension:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Systems-Update-Ability-to-change-plan-w...

@thinkLyndon   if your account is suspended for over 90 days, then the account would have closed

if less than 90 days, try to use forgot Password and then entered the correct email address and answer the security question to reset the password

if you cannot reset the password that way, you will have to open a ticket with PM support, click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Forgot log in information
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  4. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thinkLyndon 

you need to reactivate your account on a lower plan,

and click Here link  to you know how to Change Your Plan online,

you can choose to change immediately or at your next plan renewal date.

To change your plan,

but your account is Active !! to you can change plan.

or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

thinkLyndon

Thank you - I can read websites.  This doesn't answer my question - which is why I came here for help.

thinkLyndon

No.  I was just out of the country because my father died and so the account suspended.  Which is fine.

I want to reactivate on a lower plan and don't know how to do it.  There is enough credit for the new plan I want.

thinkLyndon

If I have to reactivate the same plan that I had, then the service is not as advertised.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thinkLyndon 

Pay for your services in retail (publicmobile.ca)

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Has your account been in suspension for greater than 90 days?

thinkLyndon

Yes, I can read that on the website.  It doesn't answer my quesiton.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@thinkLyndon 

for Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.
Need Help? Let's chat.