cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate sim card

sjjw1052
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I didnt use my sim card for 2 months because I wasn't in Canada. I know that I can still use my account/sim card if I repay before 90days and 90days didn't pass yet. I was wondering that since my payment due date is 5th. If I pay money right now am I going to get data on september 5th or I get data for August and have to repay for September? I don't need data before september 5th.

12 REPLIES 12

Questions for you..

- does calls in and out work?

- does text in and out work?

- what plan are you on?

-Did you check APN settings that were posted to make sure your phone matches?

-what phone are you using?

-Did you try resetting network settings?

-Did you try taking sim out and putting back in and rebooting your phone?

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sjjw1052 wrote:

I still didnt get my data, and I have no idea what is going on. Is it possible someone go into my account and check it? I rebuted my phone, setted up auto pay, and paid for september. Suspense message is disappeared, but I didnt get any data. Do I have to pay one more time?

What plan do you have?
Can you please log in to your self serve account and tell us what it says under My Data & Add-Ons?
Did you confirm the APN settings are correct?

sjjw1052

I still didnt get my data, and I have no idea what is going on. Is it possible someone go into my account and check it? I rebuted my phone, setted up auto pay, and paid for september. Suspense message is disappeared, but I didnt get any data. Do I have to pay one more time?

Check you self serve account under data and add-ons to make sure an amount is showing.  Try rebooting your phone.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Did you check your APN settings? What kind of phone are you using?

Try checking your APN Settings. These are mine:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F 

sjjw1052

Hello, now my phone can read my sim card and also my account is working well. But I still didnt get my data (I usually get every 4th or 5th) so I was wondering what is going on.

sjjw1052

CollageMaker_20190830_143522635.jpg

I just submited it and also seted up the auto payment. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sjjw1052, if your account is suspended, the effective due date is immediate.  You should be able to pay and restore the account right now provided the 90 day suspension period has not been exceeded.  Just login and pay up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjjw1052 wrote:

I didnt pay for 2months and it says I can reactivate my account if I pay. But I just wanted to check before I pay it. So I can use my data on Sep 5th right? Also I already inserted my sim card into my phone, but my phone says no sim card. Is it because I didnt pay my account yet? 

Thank you so much

If you could post a screen snip of your overview page then we can see what you have going on. Blank out personal info of course.

Edit: So it does sound like you're suspended. If you want to renew your current plan then pay for it and maybe click the reacxtivate button and you'll start your services at that moment. Restart the phone.

You should be getting emergency calls only...not no sim.

sjjw1052

I didnt pay for 2months and it says I can reactivate my account if I pay. But I just wanted to check before I pay it. So I can use my data on Sep 5th right? Also I already inserted my sim card into my phone, but my phone says no sim card. Is it because I didnt pay my account yet? 

Thank you so much

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjjw1052 wrote:

Hello, I didnt use my sim card for 2 months because I wasn't in Canada. I know that I can still use my account/sim card if I repay before 90days and 90days didn't pass yet. I was wondering that since my payment due date is 5th. If I pay money right now am I going to get data on september 5th or I get data for August and have to repay for September? I don't need data before september 5th.

Has your account been active this whole time? If you're seeing a payment due date then that suggests it's active. Unless you're talking about the 90 day date.

If the account is suspended then whenever you pay up and reactivate then that becomes your new start date.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sjjw1052 wrote:

Did you downgrade your plan when away?

You should be able to pay and have it start on your next cycle the 5th or you have the choice to have the plan restart today.  

Need Help? Let's chat.