cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate phone service

Keiskagi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Today was the due date for my plan but my phone has been deactivated.  I have paid the balance now, but my plan has not been reactivated.  please do so asap thanks.  Sorry for paying on the day of the due date.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Keiskagi

Glad you solved your problem......

Keiskagi

it works with the top up of 1.00. thanks so much:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Keiskagi wrote:

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

• Amount due to top-up your previous plan $0.00
  • Plan Expiry Date: Dec 14, 2018
  • Account Deactivation Date: Mar 14, 2019
  • Current Balance: $120.00
My PlanAccount Status: Plan Expired

Well...ok...that's one way. We would generally prefer to see the screenshot.

So did you try the extra $1?

Keiskagi

I am wondering if my credit card payment takes 48hours to process. THats what it isn't working?

Keiskagi

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

• Amount due to top-up your previous plan $0.00
  • Plan Expiry Date: Dec 14, 2018
  • Account Deactivation Date: Mar 14, 2019
  • Current Balance: $120.00
My PlanAccount Status: Plan Expired

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Keiskagi wrote:

I tried everything. still nothing works 😞

That's a funny saying around here 🙂

Another thing to try is to manually add another $1 to your account and then restart the phone.

Edit: @Keiskagi: Could you post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Keiskagi

I tried everything. still nothing works 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Keiskagi wrote:

yes it is $120 with taxes. I have paid my account yesterday but still no response from public mobile. i can't even text or call anyone at the moment

Did you try the lost/stolen feature suggested earlier?

Keiskagi

yes it is $120 with taxes. I have paid my account yesterday but still no response from public mobile. i can't even text or call anyone at the moment

@Keiskagi wrote:

I have added my balance 2 hours ago and paid it..and it hasn't automatically reactivated my account.  It has been 3-4 hours since i have paid and it still says it is been temporarily deactivated.  I guess I need a human to process it as it says I have 120.00 in my current balance.

@KeiskagiHow much is your plan? $120 plan costs $120 + tax

Keiskagi

I have added my balance 2 hours ago and paid it..and it hasn't automatically reactivated my account.  It has been 3-4 hours since i have paid and it still says it is been temporarily deactivated.  I guess I need a human to process it as it says I have 120.00 in my current balance.

@mpcdesign, I see no issues with adding money in advance but I wouldn't create a large amount there as you can't get it back.  I currently have funds in my Available funds but none if it is my cash I put in.  I have $91 in there and that is enough for 5 plan renewals and I am on a 90 day plan and haven't had a to put any of my own money in since April I think. 

On the other hand I have never had any issues with autopay on my account or any that I have managed or helped with over my 2 years here and that is quite a few renewals.

For those that are on a tight budge I think PM is great where you can go in on your payday add some funds into your account maybe half and do that the next pay as well that way you won't have a large one time bill that may limit you during that pay period.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mpcdesign wrote:

@RobertQc , what?

"I have enough funds in my account so I don't have to pay my bill for years. 

Is this from all the referrals, community and loyalty rewards? Or you just filthy rich? Hey, I have a bitcoin wallet is kinda empty...oh hang on, bitcoin is gonna be worthless!

@mpcdesignMy account had more than sufficient funds added by myself. Sometimes I come across opportunity where other members had PM funds / purchased vouchers that were un-needed so I made offers via E-mail Money Transfer, combined with public mobile's low prices and high rewards.

It may sound like a lot, but keep in mind, plans start at $8 per month (with autopay) just with loyalty and autopay on a basic plan one could be paying $3 per month, not counting the other rewards.

@RobertQc , what?

"I have enough funds in my account so I don't have to pay my bill for years. 

Is this from all the referrals, community and loyalty rewards? Or you just filthy rich? Hey, I have a bitcoin wallet is kinda empty...oh hang on, bitcoin is gonna be worthless!

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Keiskagi We had a similiar issue just yesterday with @Crusherfied, the post was called A Bit Peeved, I believe. I don't understand why people like to pay at the last possible moment. Instead, you open a can of worms. 

@z10user4 made a great suggestion yesterday by adding money to the account before the expiry date so that when Autopay hits, the account won't get suspended. I have been doing this as well. And sometimes, what I do, I put in money a week ahead of the schedule just in case Public Mobile website goes down for maintenance. And if it does, then you basically could run into a little trouble! 

I know some people may live paycheque to paycheque, but paying ahead and filling extra money into your account would not only save your sanity (oh my gawd, what would I do without my phone for a day or two) but as well, any issues with say, referrals that you may have received too. 

Just my two cents... @RobertQc and @ShawnC13 what's you thoughts on paying extra into the Autopay, or am I just skeptical? 

@mpcdesignI have enough funds in my account so I don't have to pay my bill for years. I don't suggest you add as much as I have, but I do recommend everyone to have enough to at least cover the next renewal at all times.

This is my common quote I use over and over.  "Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service."

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Keiskagi We had a similiar issue just yesterday with @Crusherfied, the post was called A Bit Peeved, I believe. I don't understand why people like to pay at the last possible moment. Instead, you open a can of worms. 

@z10user4 made a great suggestion yesterday by adding money to the account before the expiry date so that when Autopay hits, the account won't get suspended. I have been doing this as well. And sometimes, what I do, I put in money a week ahead of the schedule just in case Public Mobile website goes down for maintenance. And if it does, then you basically could run into a little trouble! 

I know some people may live paycheque to paycheque, but paying ahead and filling extra money into your account would not only save your sanity (oh my gawd, what would I do without my phone for a day or two) but as well, any issues with say, referrals that you may have received too. 

Just my two cents... @RobertQc and @ShawnC13 what's you thoughts on paying extra into the Autopay, or am I just skeptical? 

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Keiskagi

Also..on behalf on the whole community..we forgive you for paying late..😄😄😄😄

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Keiskagi wrote:

Hello,

Today was the due date for my plan but my phone has been deactivated.  I have paid the balance now, but my plan has not been reactivated.  please do so asap thanks.  Sorry for paying on the day of the due date.

Thanks.

You may have to try the Lost/Stolen Phone trick where you login to self serve and report your phone lost this will deactivate your sim.  Wait a few minutes and now go back and report your phone found and this will reactivate it and hopefully have it back working.  If this doesn't work you will need to message the moderators.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Keiskagi wrote:

Hello,

Thanks.

@Keiskagi

"Simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated. If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out. "

If your current "amount due" shows $0, try private browsing / incognito mode or call 611. (sometimes its a glitch to show $0 when its not actually $0)

Is the available funds enough money (you need to include taxes before you can re-activate). How much is available and which plan are you on? What is the current status on the account?  You should be able to make another payment (if its not enough with taxes) and your account automatically re-actives

Need Help? Let's chat.