cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how to cancel service and get refund?

eamery
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I am also disappointed with Public Mobile. I paid for a month, but my sim card does not work and now the month is almost over.  It has been impossible getting this resolved. Basically, I gave them money for a service I have not been able to use. 

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eamery : Wait...was this one of those pre-activated deals?

Again...what make/model/submodel is the phone? Are you able to log in to the self-serve here?

@eamery 

@eamery wrote:

Thanks for starting my own threat. 

1. bought Sim card

2. Had to activate  and pay for it for me to get the cheap price (.99 cents), but I had to wait for it to come to Alberta. Took a week and a half. Had I known I would have gotten one here and spent the $10.00. 3. Sim card came and it did not work in my phone. 

4. have spent 3 weeks talking to the moderator and nothing has been resolved. 

@eamery 

When you received the Sim card, did you then activate at home and pay the $26.25 to Public mobile?  Did you activate a new PM phone number or try to port your number right away with SIM activation?  What happened afterwards?  

eamery

Thanks for starting my own threat. 

1. bought Sim card

2. Had to activate  and pay for it for me to get the cheap price (.99 cents), but I had to wait for it to come to Alberta. Took a week and a half. Had I known I would have gotten one here and spent the $10.00. 3. Sim card came and it did not work in my phone. 

4. have spent 3 weeks talking to the moderator and nothing has been resolved. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman wrote:

The more details the better.  Then we can offer some better advice and suggestions.  

@eamery except please do not provide any personal details (e.g. SIM card number, phone number, address, full name, credit card number, etc.) here as this is a public community anyone can see.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@eamery 

I started your own thread.  

Maybe start from the beginning.  Explain what happened.  Ie. did you activate a new number?  or port over number?  activate at home or in store?  The more details the better.  Then we can offer some better advice and suggestions.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eamery : So you activated a SIM here but the service didn't work. Could have been an incompatible phone or locked to a previous provider.

So you have contacted the moderators and you've given them the email you used and the phone number that it should be (either a new one here or your old one) and whatever over identifying information they wanted and they can't you here.

Did you activate in a store or yourself online?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@eamery wrote:

They can't see an account, yet I created one and there is $26.25 taken off of my visa, so it is funny they don't see an account but happily took my money. I have sent them the last 4 digits of my visa to check.  Where did this money go? Someone has it and it is not me! I am still paying for my previous provider while I am waiting for this to be resolved which has been almost a month now. Basically, I have now paid double this month

@eamery   You have every right to be frustrated if you're paying for two accounts without service and I'm not really sure why the moderator's have not resolved this yet for you. 

Do the last four digits in your self serve account and phone match?

@eamery wrote:

They can't see an account, yet I created one and there is $26.25 taken off of my visa, so it is funny they don't see an account but happily took my money. I have sent them the last 4 digits of my visa to check.  Where did this money go? Someone has it and it is not me! I am still paying for my previous provider while I am waiting for this to be resolved which has been almost a month now. Basically, I have now paid double this month

@eamery Three things. First, did you take a picture of your Visa transaction and send it to the moderators? Second, my bank has a 30 day limit on contesting CC transactions. I would call your card issuer and ask them what is the best way forward. Let them know what has happened, what you did and what the company has done. At the very least this will register the issue with the card company. Third, was your activation normal? Did it have issues? Errors? This is when an account would be set up.

eamery

@eamery wrote:

HI 

I have been contacting the moderators  for 3 weeks now and nothing has been resolved.  It is very frustrating. I need this money to pay my bills and can't afford to just thrown money away. 

I will check my Sim card

Thanks, 

@eamery How about tell us what the issue is and what the moderators have replied to you over the past 3 weeks.

eamery

HI 

I have been contacting the moderators  for 3 weeks now and nothing has been resolved.  It is very frustrating. I need this money to pay my bills and can't afford to just thrown money away. 

I will check my Sim card

Thanks, 

Oracle365
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The moderators are super helpful. Hopefully you can resolve this issue without cancelling. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@eamery wrote:

Hi, 

I am also disappointed with Public Mobile. I paid for a month, but my sim card does not work and now the month is almost over.  It has been impossible getting this resolved. Basically, I gave them money for a service I have not been able to use. 

@eamery   I notice that this is your first post about your issue.  Have you submitted a ticket to moderators either via the chatbot (bottom right bubble) or private message to Moderator_Team via the envelope icon (top right) and asked them to take a look into your account?

For now you should first sign into your self serve account and check the last four digits of your SIM there with the physical SIM in your phone.  If they don't match then you've been SIMjacked and need to immediately suspend service by clicking Plans/Add-ons tab, then Phone Lost/Stolen and Suspend.

Then change passwords on all accounts including PM, banks/CC's etc ASAP and send a message to moderators.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@eamery wrote:

Hi, 

Why did you wait so long to ask for help ? Did you go through the "activation" process and get the Welcome to Public Mobile notice ?

What make / model is the phone and are you certain it's unlocked ?

Need Help? Let's chat.