cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can i freeze my account if out of country?

sunshineshaa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I believe that i may have misunderstood so i  would like to reconfirm:

1. if you remove the auto-pay, and your credit card...you will not be charged while you are out of the country. 

2. if you are out of the country for more than 90 days, the phone number is automatically deactivated

3. when you come back, can you continue with the old phone plan you had with public mobile? 

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

@sunshineshaa To create your own thread click Start a Topic on this page https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/bd-p/Discussions.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

wrote:

are you a moderator by anychance? i dont know how to find them on here

@sunshineshaa no, @mimmo is not a moderator.  Here is how to contact them, what info to provide, and what to expect in terms of turnaround:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sunshineshaa

wrote:

@sunshineshaa  I woudl like to clarify your points 2 and 3

your account can be in suspended mode for max 90 days (you do not need to be out of teh country)

if you pass the 90day mark your accound wll be deleted and you will not be able to get your account or number back

so yes remove auto pay.

and 1 let phone expire and on day 85 add funds and renew your plan   if you do not want to lose your current plan

or

if you will be away longer than the 90 days of your phone suspension

• before your plan gets suspeneded do a plan chnage to 30 days texting.  that way on day 85 you can add funds for the new 30 day changed plan. 
  • this will wive you an additional 120 days 
  • in that first 30 days select and futureate a new pla

by futuredating the plans you minimise the need for moderator intervention.

as for the rest follow @Luddite's suggestions

if i am away for more rthan 120 days, and change to the 30 day texting, can i go back to the original plan that i had? My goal here is to not lose my current plan without spending all the money to keep it when i am not using it. 

are you a moderator by anychance? i dont know how to find them on here

sunshineshaa

Hey! 

Thank you so much for youre reply!

To be honest, i have no idea how this community reponse thing works so i didnt know where to create a new thread either. 

Thank you for creating it for me!

@mimmo Unfortunately future dating has been buggy, so one needs to confirm the change not assume it went through properly.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunshineshaa  I woudl like to clarify your points 2 and 3

your account can be in suspended mode for max 90 days (you do not need to be out of teh country)

if you pass the 90day mark your accound wll be deleted and you will not be able to get your account or number back

so yes remove auto pay.

and 1 let phone expire and on day 85 add funds and renew your plan   if you do not want to lose your current plan

or

if you will be away longer than the 90 days of your phone suspension

• before your plan gets suspeneded do a plan chnage to 30 days texting.  that way on day 85 you can add funds for the new 30 day changed plan. 
  • this will wive you an additional 120 days 
  • in that first 30 days select and futureate a new plan 

by futuredating the plans you minimise the need for moderator intervention.

as for the rest follow @Luddite's suggestions

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@sunshineshaa Correct. Of course, you can renew your plan from anywhere in world. Don't miss that 90 day mark; best to make the payment at 85 days just in case.

To reactivate account try this:

1. login to your account and make a one time payment equal to the plan you wish (from the current offers), logout

2. login to your account, click Change Plan, pick the plan and click activate now, logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

If that fails, or you are reactivating a grandfathered plan, send a private message to the moderators with your phone number and a description of what has happened.

DO NOT PAY MORE THAN ONCE.

BTW: You have posted to an old thread. In future you will have more assurance of help by creating your own topic on the forum  (which I have done for you today), or sending a private message directly to the moderators.

Need Help? Let's chat.