cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to Process Transaction

e-man
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card number did not change but I think the expiry date may have.  I got a new card and tried to update it but I'm getting the "unable to process transaction" error even though everything is typed in correctly.  I live in a house so no apt number was entered in that field.  I've called the CC company and they say it's not them as the credit card works just fine.  Temporarily, I used a different card and it worked but I don't want to charge my bill to that card.  Ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@e-manwrote:

My credit card number did not change but I think the expiry date may have.  I got a new card and tried to update it but I'm getting the "unable to process transaction" error even though everything is typed in correctly.  I live in a house so no apt number was entered in that field.  I've called the CC company and they say it's not them as the credit card works just fine.  Temporarily, I used a different card and it worked but I don't want to charge my bill to that card.  Ideas?

Since "changing browsers, clearing cache and changing to incognito mode" has already  been mentioned, here is another one to throw in the mix.

I know that you wrote that you updated the card. Did you just change the expiry date or did you delete the card and re-enter the whole information?

The credit card information has to be exactly as on your credit card statement. The system is quite finicky with that, and I think I have seen reports that special characters can throw it off.

Besides the apartment number the postal code can cause trouble. Try without space or with space but leaving out the last digit.

If everything else fails you should ask the moderator team for insights, as mentioned by @Anonymous.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number and PIN, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-p/76452

Anonymous
Not applicable

@e-man, if you have tried the clear cache, different browser (always in privacy/incognito mode), and you are sure you are entering the details correctly, your next step is to contact the moderator team.  Perahps they can help with your CC update.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

e-man

Tried a completely different browser.  Didn't work either

e-man

Tried this before. Didn't work

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@e-man, the self serve portal seems to not play nice with browsers at times.  Try clearing browser cache and resubmitting the credit card change.  Try also incognito mode or a different browser. These workarounds typically work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@e-man, try completely removing the card, and then re adding it again with the revised details.

Need Help? Let's chat.