cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

ALEX2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, Public mobile charged my credit card for monthly charges today Nov 24. I transferred my phone number from Public mobile to another carrier today Nov 24. Will a get a full refund back for the monthly charge that you put on my credit card today? Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ALEX2021 wrote:

Hi there, Public mobile charged my credit card for monthly charges today Nov 24. I transferred my phone number from Public mobile to another carrier today Nov 24. Will a get a full refund back for the monthly charge that you put on my credit card today? Thanks 

@ALEX2021 

You ported out your number and thus closed your account on your own free will, so don't expect a refund from PM since it's none of their fault.

If you stay in the Telus "family" maybe you can plead for some accommodation but don't keep your hopes up.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ALEX2021 

Here's how you request this  (🤞)

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry @ALEX2021 As PM is prepaid service there is no refund procedure.

Your plan renewal date was yesterday and you ported out on the first day of your cycle. 

As suggested above there is no harm in asking (contact CSA agents) but keep your hopes low.

@ALEX2021 

Sorry Alex unfortunately not....had your autopay not renewed your service you would have been unable to port your number out. You would have had to reactivate your account anyways although that could have been done with the cheapest plan the $15. I'm sure the wicked black Friday deal you got with your new provider will more than make up for the loss of 30 days service at pm for porting out too late or early depending on how you look at it.

@ALEX2021 wrote:

Hi there, Public mobile charged my credit card for monthly charges today Nov 24. I transferred my phone number from Public mobile to another carrier today Nov 24. Will a get a full refund back for the monthly charge that you put on my credit card today?  

Sorry, but Public Mobile does not offer refunds in cases where customers have stopped using the service or if the customer has ported out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ALEX2021 : If the date at the top of your overview page (that you can't see anymore) was today then that is your new term. The words at the top specifically say to pay before. It would seem you left the porting out to the new day of the new term. And you had autopay on. So the system did exactly what you wished it to.

So no.

Never any harm in asking though.

Need Help? Let's chat.