cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Refer a friend $20 promo

mister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got the same problem and I waited a few days now and still no 10 for him and no one 20 for me. Just 1 dollar credit so indeed I used the right code when I set it all up for him.

26 REPLIES 26

Import_from_NS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious : Thanks for the tip. And the good luck wishes. Fingers crossed. 🙂

@Import_from_NS 

If you type the "@" key/sign it will trigger the username box to appear or continue to type  if you want to tag someone outside the thread. It will save you time and notify the user.

I hope you have good news after 72 hours.....happy Friday!

Import_from_NS

Good Citizen : Another member posted that our reward will be applied by June 6th (I think it was 5th) so maybe sit tight until then and reach out. 

Did you get a "Cha-ching! You've just successfully referred a friend...." text message? If so, I think they have the information that you referred someone and it will be easy to resolve if you haven't had the reward by the deadline date. 🙂 

AE_/Collector : Thanks for the explaination. I'll get my son to confirm if he's had his $10 as a new customer once the 72 hours has gone and go from there. 

Darlicious : Thanks for the heads up about not being allowed to post referral codes. I hadn't realised when copying the text that a) I'd left in personal information and b) that it wouldn't be allowed had I clued in - but it makes complete sense it wouldn't be permitted. I'll be sure to scan copied text next time for such details before posting. 🙂 

Computergeek541 : Thank you for removing my referral code. I hadn't realised that personal information had been included when I copied and pasted the text content. I appreciate you catching it and removing it. 

@gblackma and @LurganIeUk 

I  think you mean, May 31st? 

@gblackma wrote:

@LurganIeUk It's for those that never had a referral. It's only for your first ever referral. And it has to be done before 11.59pm eastern on March 31.  

@Import_from_NS 

Thanks for the heads up on the two texts. FYI you cant post or offer your referral code on the community only use private messages for that kind of communication but @computergeek541 already edited it for you. 

Since i did not see it....does it contain a letter or number that can be mistaken like the number "1" and the letter "I" or the number "2" and the letter "Z" or the number "0" or the letter "O"?

This could explain why you have not recieved any indication of the referral being made. Either way contact the moderators to have it fixed or checked.

Import_from_NS

Thanks for the head up on that.

I just checked and still nothing showing on mine for the referral "$1 per friend" so I'll check with my son foe his $10 and follow up on it. 

Import_from_NS

For me, the initial offer text was followed a few hours later with :

"

Public Mobile here. Whoops, we forgot your unique referral code. Here it is: 

Check out our site to learn more: publicmobile.ca/en/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward"

The code in the second text is the same code that is on my account regularly.

edited by computergeek541: referral code removed

@darlicious wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 

My roommate got the text and a follow up text with a "unique" code. Which I glanced at and he then accidently deleted so I couldn't compare it. For some reason I got the impression it was different from your normal referral code but I could be completely wrong and you are correct.

As per https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward , the procedure is the same as any other referral. The only conditions are the referrer must have never referred a new customer before and that it must happen between May 14th and 31st (inclusive), and that the referrer will receive the $20 credit by June 5th.

@cellphoneuser1 

My roommate got the text and a follow up text with a "unique" code. Which I glanced at and he then accidently deleted so I couldn't compare it. For some reason I got the impression it was different from your normal referral code but I could be completely wrong and you are correct.

@darlicious 

There's no special code in the text. Did they remind people of their own code? Anyone who hasn't referred before will get $20 by referring someone by the deadline.

@Import_from_NS 

The $1 referral reward should show up right away (check your account again) if it doesn't within 72 hours or the $10 for your son I would contact the moderators at that time.

@LurganIeUk 

Make sure your wife uses the unique referral code sent with the text offer to recieve the $20 bonus.

@Import_from_NS 

You always pay the full amount to get started.

the $1/month shows up almost instantly.

the $10 to the new customer usually shows the next day but can take 72 hours.

the other credits such as the $20 referral bonus or the second month free promo can take up to 30 days to arrive in your account.

AE_Collector

Import_from_NS

I believe its for the first referral. I had the text - within that it said "For a limited time. get a $20 bonus for your first referral plus our usual Refer A Friend Reward - $10 for your friend & $1/month for you. Hurry! To get your bonus, your friend needs to activate before May 31 11:59pm.. All they need is your unique referral code."

I referred my son yesterday and he set himself up on Auto pay by direct debit for a $25.00 plan. He was charged, including taxes, $28.75. That means his $2 every 30 days for Auto pay hasn't been applied, nor has the regular bonus of $10 for the referral off his account. I'm sure it will adjust next billing period. 

Upon him completing his sign up, I did get a text acknowledging successfully referring a friend but my account isn't yet showing the $1 refer a friend discount or the $20 one off bonus for first referral. Again, I'm sure it will adjust next billing period. 

Further up this thread someone mentioned that these bonus will be appled by 6th June so I'll just watch my account for the bonus and then once it's there I'll confirm with my son that he got his too. 🙂 

@AE_Collector  correct PM has decided to encourage people to get their first referral it looks like with a $20 credit for them as the referrer and still the $10 for the new customer.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Has there been other discussion topics about this promo? I’m reading this topic not knowing what everyone is talking about. The Last $20/$10 referal ended about January 1 to the best of my knowledge.

Sounds as though this offer has been texted to existing PM customers who have never completed a referral (or at least currently don’t have any referrals on their account?)

AE_Collector 

mister

Whats funny is that i got the text of this offer not 20 minutes after talking my friend into switching to PMobile. So it is a lucky bonus.

I dont think I been a PM customer more than a year yet.

@445935293 wrote:

YOU COULD SENT A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO THE MANAGEMENT TEAM. 

At this point, @mister should not be contacting the moderators as the $20 credit is not yet due. If the person that Mister referred joined more than 72 hours ago, it is that new customer who needs to contact the moderators.

@LurganIeUk It's for those that never had a referral. It's only for your first ever referral. And it has to be done before 11.59pm eastern on March May 31.  

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Is the refer a friend $20 for me and $10 for friend for everyone or just for those that have not had a referral yet? 

My my wife was texted this offer and she has no referrals. 

I did not receive the text offer and DO have referrals. 

It is only for people who have not earned their first referral yet.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Is the refer a friend $20 for me and $10 for friend for everyone or just for those that have not had a referral yet? 

My my wife was texted this offer and she has no referrals. 

I did not receive the text offer and DO have referrals. 

YOU COULD SENT A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO THE MANAGEMENT TEAM. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

One of my accounts for the bonus referral today.  I will wait patiently until June 5 before getting antsy.  Public Mobile has been rock solid with issuing referral bonuses.  Those who were around back in the day of the $25 referral bonus can vouch for that.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mister  your friend should have gotten the $10 within 72 hours. And you will get your additional $20 by June 5th, providing your friend was your first ever activation and it was done on or after May 14th. If your friend doesn't get his credit by tomorrow.  Then get your friend to create a ticket as suggested by @Naepalm . Stay safe. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@mister
I experienced this last month. You can follow these steps edit if you dont receive it after June 5th.

1. Click on this link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
2. Type did not receive rewards
3. Open a ticket with Moderators.

It had to have been your first referral for it to give you the 20.00 credit.

@mister 

@brettster99 As per the terms of the current $20 credit promotion, the $20 creditt will be paid out by June 5th.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mister 

If there is no available balance after waiting 72 hours then you would need to contact the moderators to help you out with that. 

You can do this by either clicking the ? On the bottom right and follow along or private message them and type Moderator_Team in the send to section 

Need Help? Let's chat.