cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Reactivate Account

dlandry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need Public mobile to process my credit card payment in order to reactivate my account.

I attempted to do this online but it would not process payment. I checked with my credit card company and they said it is clear to process payment.

Please can someone try and collect my auto payment again so that my account is working.

Otherwise I am without phone.

thank you,

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Da2 

Type in the bigger box under the little icons that says Body.

The autopay seems to have failed for you. Make a manual payment to cover your plan cost and your services should reactivate.

Da2

@Katiahissein 

Can you give us more details? Is your account suspended due to non payment within 90 days from your renewal date? Is your account closed?

Katiahissein

@dlandry 

Oh dear the regulars have missed out on a couple of important points unless something has changed in the last couple of days.

If you wish to make a payment from your registered card on file thru 611 you must now know your pin # to proceed forward with payment.

I believe the issue you are having processing your payment thru your self serve account is because you are not following this protocol for making changes within your account.

1. Clear your browser and close all tabs.
  2. Reboot your device if it's been awhile.
  3. Open one tab only in secret/incognito mode.
  4. Firefox, chrome and safari work best.
  5. Go to make a payment and choose credit card.
  6. Choose "other amount" and enter the amount owing + $1.
  7. Submit payment.
  8. If accepted and only the extra $1 shows on your balance log out and reboot your phone.
  9. If not accepted click on reactivate. Log out and reboot.
  10. If it won't reactivate go to lost/stolen and suspend your service (report lost). Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Unsuspend (report found.) Log out and reboot.

Otherwise contact the moderators via the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and submit a ticket via simple simon. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Members today were reporting wait times much faster than the usual 2 to 4 hour minimum wait (up to 48 hours for non urgent requests.)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dlandry  Known problem with Public's Auto-Pay system hopefully they resolve the issue soon. You need to click on the chat bubble bottom right and ask them to fix the issue by submitting a ticket.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dlandry 

• login to your self serve
  • click on "make a payment"
  • for payment type select "other, enter the desired amount" 
  • add the required funds for the total plan and apply the payment

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @dlandry ,

Note that after 90 days in suspend, your account will be deactivated permanently so be sure to return to this page if you find your phone or decide to get a new SIM card.

If less than 90 days and you credit card is already registered for autopay.

Pay With A Credit Card

Please note you’ll need to pre-register a payment card via Self-Serve before being able to top-up through *611 with a payment card.

1. Dial *611 from your phone.
  2. Press 1 from the main menu.
  3. Press 2 to pay with your pre-registered payment card.
  4. To make a payment equal to the amount due on your account, press 1. To select the payment amount from a list of options (i.e. $20, $40, etc.), press 2.
  5. To confirm your selection, press 1 once again, and you’ll hear a message confirming your choice.

Then:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service

If you are trying to add a credit card onto your account:

Register a credit or Visa debit card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

@dlandry wrote:

I need Public mobile to process my credit card payment in order to reactivate my account.

I attempted to do this online but it would not process payment. I checked with my credit card company and they said it is clear to process payment.

As your bank is approving the transaction (or at least that they would), be sure to check that the address that you provide Public Mobile is accurate and matches that that the card issuer has on file.  If you've already tried multiple times, you may have locked your card out from use at Public Mobile. If that happened, you need to contact Public Mobile's moderators by opening at ticket. That can be done by going to: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot

Need Help? Let's chat.