cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No mobile network from Dec 5

Randell1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am confused about what to do or where to go here.  My account has been suspended as of Dec 1.  It says I have not made payment.  I am on Autopay and it has been working fine until now.  My wifes phone and account say the same thing.  I re-entered the credit card info which was correct to begin with and the same response.  Please help.  

27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Randell1 wrote:

I've got assistance from a MOD now.  Problem was not updating renewed credit card info.  Thanks.  Appreciate all the help!

But you had said you _did_ update the card ???

Oh well. Hope they get you going.

Randell1

I've got assistance from a MOD now.  Problem was not updating renewed credit card info.  Thanks.  Appreciate all the help!

Like2cook

@dabr 

Thanks for the direction on how to reply

And I do hope Randell 1  got his connection resolved.

@Randell1 

It seems more than two manual payments or attempts will cause the "can't verify payment method" message. You then have to wait at least one hour before trying again. If you can add the card but not make the payment just leave the card on the account and try to add the funds later. If you know your pin # you can try  to add funds via 611 after waiting an hour.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Randell1 wrote:

Other methods of payment keep coming back to "unable to verify credit card info"

I meant other methods of payment as in vouchers or Instant Top-up.

Like2cook

I'm sorry you lost your connection.

I would suggest you talking to your bank to see if an attempt was made by Public Mobile to take the money on the day it was due.

Very often it is a glitch at the bank end for the debit either to you Credit Card or account, that results in non-payment.

I would also suggest to check if the area that you are in has proper service or one of the cell sites have some kind of problem because of the snow or ice.

If those items are all good, I would suggest you address your request and question to a moderator.

I was totally amazed at the quick response and solution I received from the moderator for my issue. And look for emails from the moderator as one gets assigned to your problem.

Cheers

Like2cook

Like2cook

Hi Good Citizen,

I'm sorry you lost your connection.

I would suggest you talking to your bank to see if an attempt was made by Public Mobile to take the money on the day it was due.

Very often it is a glitch at the bank end for the debit either to you Credit Card or account, that results in non-payment.

I would also suggest  to check if the area that you are in has proper service or one of the cell sites have some kind of problem because of the snow or ice.

If those items are all good, I would suggest you address your request and question to a moderator.

I was totally amazed at the quick response and solution I received from the moderator for my issue. And look for emails from the moderator as one gets assigned to your problem.

Cheers

Like2cook

@Randell1   Just a general heads up/FYI, when you want to respond to someone in this conversation just click the @ key and a list of names will appear, you can then select the username you are responding to.  Makes it a little clearer for everyone in this thread. 😊

Randell1

ok, I will do that

@Randell1 wrote:

Other methods of payment keep coming back to "unable to verify credit card info"

@Randell1   Maybe you're getting locked out due to too many attempts.  Wait an hour and make sure to clear your cache/cookies and use a different browser with incognito/private mode enabled.

Randell1

Ok, I will try that.  Thank you

Randell1

And no, I haven't blocked texts

Randell1

@Randell1 wrote:

I have tried all these solutions.  It will not let me make a payment.  Keeps saying it cannot verify credit card info.  I checked with the credit card company and they say the autopay is using expired (Oct/2020) credit card.  I have corrected that info 3 times and still it wont let me make a payment.  Not a happy camper.  Why would they suspend my service without letting me know I needed to update my credit card info first?  

@Randell1   Try removing your CC first from your account and then re-entering the info from the CC which has to match your CC/bank statement.   Leave the apt# field blank and no spaces for the postal code.   Otherwise ask moderators to add the CC to your account.  You can click the envelope top right and send a private message to Moderator_Team.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Randell1 wrote:

I have tried all these solutions.  It will not let me make a payment.  Keeps saying it cannot verify credit card info.  I checked with the credit card company and they say the autopay is using expired (Oct/2020) credit card.  I have corrected that info 3 times and still it wont let me make a payment.  Not a happy camper.  Why would they suspend my service without letting me know I needed to update my credit card info first?  

@Randell1 hi they usually give you a text saying your cc is about to expire  if you cant change your cc info then contact a moderator through the chat bubble lower right corner 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Randell1 : Did you ever block texts from here? Like from 611? I seem to think they're now texting people with expiring cards before renewals. Did you get that text?

Anyway...you can use the other methods of payment just to get your services going and then figure out the payment card.

Randell1

@Randell1 

Dialing 611 will give you basic account information such as your renewal date, amount due and active status. It also allows you to add funds to your account balance with vouchers (press ( 1 ) then ( 1 ) again) or your credit card with your pin# and purchase some ( not all) add ons.

To make a payment......log into your account. Go to the payments page. Choose make a payment. Choose other amount. Add desired funds and submit. Return to the overview page. If it says active log out and reboot your phone. If the funds added still show in your balance click on the reactivate button. Then log out and reboot.

** For best results when making payments or other changes within your account clear your browser, open one tab only using secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.

Randell1

I will try

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Randell1 wrote:

Doesn't 611 apply to Telus accounts?  I have a Public Mobile account.  I can log in to my account just fine.  Everything is correct, but the autopay is not making my payment.

I think it's practically a universal cell service provider number. PM has it too.

Can you make a manual payment? Not the Amount due...manual or other or whatever it's called.

Hi @Randell1 

Public Mobile is a subsidiary of Telus.

611 is the automated system for their network as well.

Randell1

Doesn't 611 apply to Telus accounts?  I have a Public Mobile account.  I can log in to my account just fine.  Everything is correct, but the autopay is not making my payment.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Randell1  Can you still dial 611, and login  to your account? If these fail, your account may have been stolen. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @computergeek541 

Just an FYI.

Seems as though another OP started a different thread within another thread.   The start of the second one is the first post by @Randell1 within this thread.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Randell1 

For future renewals:

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Randell1 

It seems as though your auto-pay may have failed.

Check whether the payment has been charged to your payment card, if so, contact Moderator to report as advised.

If no payment was charged to payment card, under the Payment Tab, try making a manual One Time Payment sufficient to cover the amount required for your plan amount, then hit reactivate on self-serve page.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Randell1 wrote:

I am confused about what to do or where to go here.  My account has been suspended as of Dec 1.  It says I have not made payment.  I am on Autopay and it has been working fine until now.  My wifes phone and account say the same thing.  I re-entered the credit card info which was correct to begin with and the same response.  Please help.  

Autopay failure. Is there a reactivate button? Can you make a payment?

Contact a moderator to get your services working.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.