cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandeepkainth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Moved from BC to Alberta

Hi

I moved from BC TO ALBERTA on February15 2020. Today i realized that i am paying extra taxes on my both numbers.

I am paying 12% but in actual its only 5% in Alberta.

I am paying extra taxes since February-march 2020.

Accepted Solutions
Dunkman
Oracle

Re: i

@Mandeepkainth 

@Mandeepkainth wrote:

Hi

I moved from BC TO ALBERTA on February15 2020. Today i realized that i am paying extra taxes on my both numbers.

Do you still have a BC phone number/area code?  Your bill is based on your phone number's area code, not your physical home address.  You can change your phone number to Alberta area code and then you should be charged only GST.  

Another option is to buy a payment voucher in store and load the funds monthly. If you purchase vouchers in store, you only pay GST. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Dunkman
Oracle

@Mandeepkainth 

@Mandeepkainth wrote:

Hi

Do you still have a BC phone number/area code?  Your bill is based on your phone number's area code, not your physical home address.  You can change your phone number to Alberta area code and then you should be charged only GST.  

Another option is to buy a payment voucher in store and load the funds monthly. If you purchase vouchers in store, you only pay GST. 

View solution in original post

Mandeepkainth

Can you explain about second option please?

Dunkman
Oracle

@Mandeepkainth wrote:

Can you explain about second option please?

@Mandeepkainth 

You can purchase payment vouchers in store.  Then you can load the funds into your account either via your self service account or dialing 611.  Since you live in Alberta, you only pay GST.  Here is some more information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-in-retail

Vouchers can be purchased at Walmart, Shoppers, Canadian Tire, gas stations, etc.  

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Mandeepkainth : You can buy vouchers in many stores. Some call them minutes...but they're not really for this place. They're a value of money to deposit in your account. Buying those vouchers while physically in a store in AB will only charge you GST. The vendor doesn't know your number. They're just selling you value.

Using the payment card in the self-serve causes the system to look at your area code and charge taxes according to the province that your area code is allocated to.

Mandeepkainth

I don't understand about funds?

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Mandeepkainth : It's another word for money. Or a shortening of Available Funds.

Mandeepkainth

i want to keep same numbers and automatic payment method.

So what i need to do?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mandeepkainth 

When you go to a retailer to purchase a public mobile voucher you ask for a dollar amount that will cover your plan amount or more. So if you ask for a $40 voucher they will charge you $40+tax. In Alberta that would be $42. You then load the voucher on your account thru your self serve or by calling 611 on your phone. You then have $40 on balance in your account. This will be used to pay for your plan or if you want to buy an add on it will deduct from your balance when you submit a payment to purchase an add on. Examples of vouchers can be found here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mandeepkainth 

Nothing...everything will remain the same but you will have to continue paying 12% tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.