cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have a similar problem

dwrozeboom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

And it's still a problem in 2021.  I called my card issuer several times and they said that in their system it looks like Public Mobile charges my credit card.  But on the Public Mobile website it says 'Unable to process transaction.'  
My options - get another credit card or change service providers.  

2 REPLIES 2

@dwrozeboom 

Try again preferably after you have not made any attempts for 24 hours. Accounts get locked after 2 attempts or 2 successful payments and a minimum 1 hour wait to try again (24 hrs is overkill but we're playing it safe here.) Too many attempts will trigger a fraud alert lock if this happens as @Dunkman has suggested you will have to contact the moderators and have them unlock the alert and then just let them add it.Try following this method :

After choosing "manage my card" choose "replace my card" if possible or from the payments page choose "the manage my card" option under the payment method box. But before you start do this:

1. Clear the browser of your device and close all tabs.
  2. Do device maintenance.
  3. Reboot your device.
  4. Open one tab only using chrome, firefox or safari.
  5. Use secret/private/incognito mode.

Have both your credit cards billing address and your official Canada post address ready....

1. If your statement is in ALL CAPS then use them.
  2. Do not autofill whatsoever.
  3. Do not use the apt/unit box. Leave it blank.
  4. If you have a suite # add it to your street address.
  5. When you fill out the street address default to the canada post address if there is a discrepancy. You can use the billing address on your second attempt if necessary.
  6. Example: (suite#) 101-123 1ST AVE E , MYTOWN , PROV , CANADA , X0X0X0
  7. Do not use a space in the postal code. If there is one on your second attempt leave a space and drop the last digit.
  8. Make sure you use the full name on the card.

If possible attempt this late at night when the site has less traffic. Double check your work. Submit the credt card/address without a payment attached to have it register. If it fails then try again with the above mentioned corrections. Then if accepted attempt a $1 payment.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dwrozeboom wrote:

And it's still a problem in 2021.  I called my card issuer several times and they said that in their system it looks like Public Mobile charges my credit card.  But on the Public Mobile website it says 'Unable to process transaction.'  
My options - get another credit card or change service providers.  

@dwrozeboom 

Yes, the payment system is still finicky.  Did this credit card work before with autopay?  Or is the first time trying this credit card?  

Sometimes the system locks out after trying multiple times.  Maybe try again in one hour.  Try to re-enter the information again. Make sure the address exactly matches the credit card billing address.

You can also try calling 611 on your phone.  If you know your PIN, you can do some basic account functions:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352

If all fails, then you will need to contact moderator. Expect several hours wait, might be longer since they are particularly busy recently.  If you need service right away, you can purchase payment voucher either in store or online (recharge.com - service fee applies) and then wait for moderator to help set up credit card. 

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the blue chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.