cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HELP!!! ADDED new credit card and now public mobile is showing as plan expired???!!!

lainey1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

public mobile contacted me that I don't have enough funds.  I'm on auto-pay with visa.  Last month had to pay by my bank access card because credit card was compromise.  Re-put my visa info back to public mobile.  Payment is dued tomorrow.  What should I do?

9 REPLIES 9

@salhesteves wrote:

If you are in a city that has a WOW! Mobile retailer, they do have access to an activation support line (not for customer's) that can assist with the expiry issue if it truly is a glitch. My friend had this happen to her, and it took a day for the payment to process through automatically. I would recommend the first few suggestions, manually make a one time payment with the card already on file. If it still does not reactivate, then go to a retailer that has access to activation support. Walmart or London Drugs (in BC, if you are in BC) also activate public mobile. I heard through the grape vine also that Koodo Kiosks are also now selling public. I would go to them also for assistance. 

Corporate Koodo Mobile locations do not sell Public Mobile. There are some authorized Koodo dealers that do. As for going to retail location for activation, I currently strongly recommend against this. During this COVID-19 epedemic, I see this as an unecessary trip to the store.  Furthermore, retails locations cannot/will not provide support for any existing Public Mobile customers.

salhesteves

If you are in a city that has a WOW! Mobile retailer, they do have access to an activation support line (not for customer's) that can assist with the expiry issue if it truly is a glitch. My friend had this happen to her, and it took a day for the payment to process through automatically. I would recommend the first few suggestions, manually make a one time payment with the card already on file. If it still does not reactivate, then go to a retailer that has access to activation support. Walmart or London Drugs (in BC, if you are in BC) also activate public mobile. I heard through the grape vine also that Koodo Kiosks are also now selling public. I would go to them also for assistance. 

@lainey1 

As an added note to purchasing vouchers.....along with SDM, Shell stations, London Drugs and 7/11 all sell vouchers that are proven to be immediately valid and loadable onto your account or thru 611.

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Once, I had a card expire before I remembered to update in in self-serve.  Once updated, the autopay still went through. Although if you are concerned, I would pre-pay using on of the methods already suggested 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

It is normal to have plan expired status on the last day of service.

If you are worried that autopay will not execute after you charged the card info, you can just pay manually you will vote be punished for it, you will get your autopay rewards.

As long as your phone is working you don't need to do anything e else, the system will renew you tonight

bwilx

Adding a new credit or Visa Debt is fine even though your plan reports expired. However, after adding the card, you still have to go to the payment section and make a one-time payment with that card to get it activated on auto pay and pay the balance. 

Once you do that, it will then refresh and show that you now have funds. 

@lainey1 wrote:

Not near a shoppers and payment due tomorrow.  Can't I go into my bank card and make a payment until i can redo my auto pay with visa.  Can you give me the link to do this.

Sorry, but Public Mobile does not accept payments through online banking. If your bank card has a Visa or Mastercard log on it, you can use it to pay for your service from within the Public Mobile self serve account.  As for those two website that I mentioned (ding.com and recharge.com), they both accept Paypal. 

lainey1

Not near a shoppers and payment due tomorrow.  Can't I go into my bank card and make a payment until i can redo my auto pay with visa.  Can you give me the link to do this.

@lainey1 wrote:

public mobile contacted me that I don't have enough funds.  I'm on auto-pay with visa.  Last month had to pay by my bank access card because credit card was compromise.  Re-put my visa info back to public mobile.  Payment is dued tomorrow.  What should I do?

One option until the credit card issue is figured out would be to vist a store such as Shopper Drug Mart that sells Public Mobiile payment vouchers.  Ding.com and recharge.com will also sell you a virtual voucher.

Need Help? Let's chat.