cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Extended Absence

@pm-smayer97 

I have never relied on autopay and have always suspended accounts via lost/stolen to either maintain voicemail or because there is a balance that exceeds the plan cost. I was completely unaware that autopay is automatically triggered to renew if you remove it for self suspension and re-add it. Personally like @wetcoaster I still wouldn't rely on it when facing account deactivation but you do make a valid point.

Along with that extra lost/stolen glitch that I am only first hearing of now....so if you are my bf who hardly a month goes by that I don't have to "report" his phone lost/stolen for a few hours to a few weeks....you not only don't get your rewards not applied upon renewal but if you rely on autopay to pay for your plan your service will get suspended to boot because of an unknown but impending autopay failure?!! That explains a lot! And I have several posts from today alone to edit and update with this breaking news!!

@mcswiggan 

Ok you have two very valid points and I may be able to supply you with a third after I go hunting for a screenshot that @softech  has requested. But if you want to have a chance at recovering your number ( as previously mentioned) stop quibbling over buying a $10 sim card! You can recover that cost after you get your phone number back.....Geesh?!!

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

Along with that extra lost/stolen glitch that I am only first hearing of now....so if you are my bf who hardly a month goes by that I don't have to "report" his phone lost/stolen for a few hours to a few weeks....you not only don't get your rewards not applied upon renewal but if you rely on autopay to pay for your plan your service will get suspended to boot because of an unknown but impending autopay failure?!! That explains a lot! And I have several posts from today alone to edit and update with this breaking news!!

Sorry... I did not explain myself correctly in my previous post... I have now corrected it.

I meant to say that the AutoPay reward will not be applied if you use the Lost Phone feature to suspend and unsuspend an account, even if it happens before the renewal date, and even if it is for a very short period of time. Sorry for any confusion.

That said, I would not be surprised if it also is contributing to the AutoPay not triggering properly to renew a plan but I cannot say for certain, as I always suspend an account just before it renews and never in the middle of a period, so I have no direct experience with that.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

Now I have to edit my edit! But that's an interesting theory....one that should be tested. Unfortunately it is not one I can test even if I wanted to....

Need Help? Let's chat.