cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Disconnected Cell Phone

lesliekdawson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m trying to get my mother’s cell reconnected. I pay her bill every month through preauthorized payments. But when I got a new card back in February it never updated the new card info and now her phone disconnected. I never got any emails so I must have missed something when I initially set up the account. Can you please help with me updating my info and getting the phone reconnected?

5 REPLIES 5

@lesliekdawson 

What month did the credit card expire? You usually have at least a month from the time a new card arrives til the expiry of the old card. It is possible that the account is still suspended but could be deactivated any day or as we speak.....so to say.

As suggested call 611 or 1 855 4PUBLIC to see if the account still exists and if so contact the moderators to gain access to the account and update the credit card and pay to reactivate ASAP.

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lesliekdawson wrote:

I’m trying to get my mother’s cell reconnected. I pay her bill every month through preauthorized payments. But when I got a new card back in February it never updated the new card info and now her phone disconnected. I never got any emails so I must have missed something when I initially set up the account. Can you please help with me updating my info and getting the phone reconnected?

@lesliekdawson 

After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

1-Lose access to your phone number (and Self Serve account), and won’t be able to transfer the phone number to a new provider in the future.

2-Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay For Your Services Online Registering A Credit Or Visa Debit Card

If you didn’t register a card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

How To Make A Payment

1. Sign in to Self-Serve.
  2. Click on the Payment tab
  3. From here, you can make a one-time payment or set up AutoPay.

Setting Up AutoPay

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

or Pay For Your Services In Retail Instant Top-Up

Instant top-ups are the best way to pay in retail with the flexibility to top-up what you want between $10 to $100 and the simplicity of having it added right to your account without needing a PIN. Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

Purchasing Vouchers

We also accept payment vouchers, which you can purchase at select locations. To find the location nearest you click here. Payment voucher PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

Good Luck

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@lesliekdawson wrote:

I’m trying to get my mother’s cell reconnected. I pay her bill every month through preauthorized payments.

Credit card.

But when I got a new card back in February it never updated the new card info and now her phone disconnected.

YOU have to "Manage" the payment method and re-input the new card information. 

Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun......the account is likely closed.  You may have to open a new account with a new number. 😀

I never got any emails so I must have missed something when I initially set up the account.

No emails from PM...just texts to the number in question. 

Can you please help with me updating my info and getting the phone reconnected?

"IF" you can go into your Mothers "My Account" and manage the payment card. Then top up the account for the amount owing. But not likely. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lesliekdawson : What happens when you dial 611 on that phone? Can you login to the account? If you check the registered payment card, was the last payment more than about 4 months ago? The phone will have received texts indicating no payment.

Edit: Or from another phone dial 1-855-4pu-blic and type in the phone number of that account.

Need Help? Let's chat.