cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot call on my cell, says emergency calls only.

GuyLoiselle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same problem, received a text message saying that payment did not go thru, my cell service was also suspended, called my credit card company and they have no records of a failed payment request from Public.

16 REPLIES 16

@mycommunity1 wrote:

I cannot call from my cell, not because of no payment, not because of no minutes. When I dialed a domestic number, a recording said that I didn’t have an active long distance add-on. Strange, isn’t it???!!! Then my call failed. This situation has already lasted for a few weeks. My autopay works normally. It would be highly appreciated if PM can do something to solve my problem.

Hi @mycommunity1 you must be a saint for putting up with your phone issue for weeks. 😏

Anyway, if you had tried @esjliv and @Anonymous suggestions above and still having issues, it's time to contact the moderators.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page, type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mycommunity1 wrote:

I cannot call from my cell, not because of no payment, not because of no minutes. When I dialed a domestic number, a recording said that I didn’t have an active long distance add-on. Strange, isn’t it???!!! Then my call failed. This situation has already lasted for a few weeks. My autopay works normally. It would be highly appreciated if PM can do something to solve my problem.

If you can still log in to your self-serve then go into the Change SIM function and note the last 4 digits of the registered SIM. Then look at your actual physical SIM in your phone and compare the last 4 digits.

If different then use the lost/stolen function to suspend your service. Then change the password. Then go around all your financial logins and make sure nothing is missing and maybe change those passwords too.

Then come back here and get the moderators to re-instate your existing SIM to your account.

@mycommunity1 wrote:

Hello @mycommunity1 ,

Try removing your SIM card and re-inserting it. Then reboot.

Have you had working services before with Public Mobile?

mycommunity1

MCTIERNAN57
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

THANKS FOR YOUR RECENT MESSAGE.

I think P.M. aka Telus is a great company. P.M. being new had some growing pains but I certainly like them. 

Take care, Be safe

P

@MCTIERNAN57 

That's good to hear. You stepped up and took them to task. Not a lot of people are willing to do that. I'm sure your efforts have benefited us all by improving our service. I give you my many thanks.

MCTIERNAN57

Nope, didn't take the long way around at all. It was a decision/action of last resort. Plus a lot more complexities involved. Payments made not credited, termination of service after confirmed pre authorized payment made etc etc etc AND no response from moderators.

I didn't need an apology or phone call just someone to step up and do their job.

Apology was for their admitted errors! Not a big deal everyone makes mistakes. I just needed access to my phone for an important matter. 

PM actually thanked me for identifying an issue they had and corrected! 

@MCTIERNAN57 

Wow you took the roundabout way of solving your failed payment but i suppose if you need a phone call and an apology that's the way to do it. Most users come here and learn how to make a manual payment and reactivate their service. Or if its a larger issue they learn how to contact the moderators and get the issue resolved by communicating with pm via their private messaging.

@GuyLoiselle 

Yes....your credit card company didn't deny the payment the pm system denied itself. Sometimes it hiccups doesn't do the payment process correctly and just moves on. It's not a state of the art system as a result a few users will experience this issue. This month it was you.

@MCTIERNAN57 wrote:

I had this issue and could not resolve with P.Mobile or get a response. Suspended for non payment!  Auto pay was set up and it was not a credit card issue as I carry a zero balance. Unfortunately had to make a complaint to the CRTC and then got a call from P. Mobile apologizing and then they easily fixed the problem on their end. 

The Autopay feature has been known to fail sometimes. Some seasoned PM'ers will manually pay for their renewal, a few days ahead of renewal. That seems to make the renewal process happy and you'll still get the Autopay Reward.

I know it's not great but it beats getting a suspended service.

MCTIERNAN57

I had this issue and could not resolve with P.Mobile or get a response. Suspended for non payment!  Auto pay was set up and it was not a credit card issue as I carry a zero balance. Unfortunately had to make a complaint to the CRTC and then got a call from P. Mobile apologizing and then they easily fixed the problem on their end. 

@GuyLoiselle wrote:

called my credit card company and they did not DENY any payment from Public

Ok, so try dialing 611 to make payment and reactivate your account.

@GuyLoiselle 

Make sure you clear your browser, open one tab only in secret/incognito mode using firefox, chrome or safari. This will help prevent error messages.

GuyLoiselle

called my credit card company and they did not DENY any payment from Public

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@GuyLoiselle 

This may or may not be the same thing. You experienced an autopay failure. This happens occasionally for no reason....just that autopay gets denied and as pm's payment system is only designed to try once.....once it's denied then your service will suspend.

Once you realize this or get the text message you need only to log in to your account, apply the payment owing and reactivate your service. Log out and reboot your phone.

Edit: Ignore first sentence referred to other thread....new thread created.

@GuyLoiselle wrote:

I had the same problem, received a text message saying that payment did not go thru, my cell service was also suspended, called my credit card company and they have no records of a failed payment request from Public.

In the meanwhile, I suggest making a manual payment to get your service back.

Need Help? Let's chat.