cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bill

Onixxalchin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I would like to keep 

788-688-**** which has been my number for years. I have tried to port it to pm from rogers. The issue is the ex wife was primary on the family plan and is now being no help she canceled the liNE before I could get it ported. I called rogers to ask them to temporarily activate it but they won't unless she call's to do so ..is there another way

2 REPLIES 2

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Onixxalchin!

I agree with @matbasm

However, there is one last thing you can try.  Call Rogers again and escalate the matter to next level.  Ask to speak to a supervisor/manager etc.  Explain the situation. Say things that prove you had the ownership of the phone number in question in a joint account while the primary account holder had a different phone number.  Ask them to open up a new line with that number in your name.  They will never activate the line temporarily in her name without her consent. Don't tell them to activate temporarily... just say that you want your number active.  If they activate it, then port it out.. you don't need to disclose your intention to port out upfront.  Chances of success are low, but this is your only chance.  

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Onixxalchin, I think you are pretty much out of luck.  If the account has been closed, the number goes back into the pool of available numbers (there is probably a hold time untill it is allowed to be re-issued again).

Need Help? Let's chat.