cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Auto pay

Teddz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have done all the above but after 4 times it still does not work ! 

Help .

23 REPLIES 23

Teddz

Persistence does pay off as well as the help from this PM Community .

It has reinforced my faith in humanity .

It is a jungle out there sometimes and this experience i will take as an exercise in humans helping each other toward a common good .

Thanks to all who contributed to help and appreciated my " essay " on this experience . Hopefully this will give faith to others who may be questioning PM or humanity .

Teddz

Teddz

I have applied for the covenanted "Auto Pay " , again with success , no problems !

I used all the info obtained here after filing a "ticket " with a moderator which had me receive a call from Kadie who readjusted my account to be able to apply again for auto pay after 3 failure attempts .

When applying use all info exactly as is displayed on your Credit card statement ...also clear your cache and use the incognito window to file the form .

I also posted a suggestion to have "note " before applying for auto pay to improve functionality.

Yes, i feel i have fulfilled some lifetime puzzle to be able to have auto pay active on my account .

The benefit of my misfortune is discovering that a real community exists here at PM .

Resolved !!

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I will give you double bravo if I could.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Teddz , you deserve a hero's welcome.  Bravo on the persistence.

@Teddz ,

That sounds quite poetic.

I would like to award you a badge. Here you go🏅

🙂

I hope you get this set up and working - Onward and Upward!

Anonymous
Not applicable

A Bravo for you @Teddz for your persistence and all with good humour and not setting your hair on fire or ranting and raving about the place all in caps.

A good read for a change.

Teddz

Yes , i submitted that all your suggestions should be put as a note BEFORE anyone applies for Auto Pay .

Thanks for your point by point suggestions it may help others !

Teddz

@Teddz wrote:

Okay , you sign up for Public Mobile feeling positive about the service and possibly questioning the value of a Community BUT you were referred by a family member that you trust and then......

Well , after signing up and paying and then you enter the world of PM , "Registering for Auto Pay " you follow the form enter points carefully and submit it .......BUT it does not work for you the first time....so you check your Credit card number and re submit ...again a fail ...you wonder why ....you try again ....and another fail...your credit card is valid ?? WHY ?

You are persistent !

Okay so now you go to "HELP" and find to really get something done you must now sign up for the Community - another Facebook or Instagram type sign up .

You are persistent !

Then you find you must submit a "Ticket " wondering who will answer this and why ...questions abound ?? Do i really need this in my life ?? Why did I bother to switch telcos ? You call your family member that you trusted and they reassure you , they had no problems whatsoever !

But , you are persistent !

You enter your problem via a ticket, it is followed up . You even decide to offer a solution so that others do not fall into your situation .You are hopeful .

Persistence takes you to this point . You do not cancel everything with PM and move back to where you once were ( that other telco ) .

You receive emails and get "Bravos " for your suggestions even from Oracles . ( Am i now in a Harry Potter episode ? )

I feel good about my misfortune ??? How is that ? Am I lacking something in my life ? Meaning ?

Emails are sent and received from Community people helping and promising to do so , soon !

I remain persistent ! and hopeful .

I get a call reassuring me that my CC # is now cleared up because of too many submissions and I am free to reapply for "Auto Pay ". It has been three days since i signed up .

I have been persistent and hopeful is there a real award for this ??

There should be an award for this . 

Have you also been persistent ? You should also get an award !

I analysis myself and realize that I have HOPE for humanity and by being persistent with PM I am testing humanity to prove me wrong .

I have not applied for "Auto Pay " yet but i have hope and i am persistent .

Award ? 

@Teddz wow thanks for the essay you deserve a reward for that welcome to Public!!

@Teddz why not.  If you have problems signing up for autopay when entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Teddz

Okay , you sign up for Public Mobile feeling positive about the service and possibly questioning the value of a Community BUT you were referred by a family member that you trust and then......

Well , after signing up and paying and then you enter the world of PM , "Registering for Auto Pay " you follow the form enter points carefully and submit it .......BUT it does not work for you the first time....so you check your Credit card number and re submit ...again a fail ...you wonder why ....you try again ....and another fail...your credit card is valid ?? WHY ?

You are persistent !

Okay so now you go to "HELP" and find to really get something done you must now sign up for the Community - another Facebook or Instagram type sign up .

You are persistent !

Then you find you must submit a "Ticket " wondering who will answer this and why ...questions abound ?? Do i really need this in my life ?? Why did I bother to switch telcos ? You call your family member that you trusted and they reassure you , they had no problems whatsoever !

But , you are persistent !

You enter your problem via a ticket, it is followed up . You even decide to offer a solution so that others do not fall into your situation .You are hopeful .

Persistence takes you to this point . You do not cancel everything with PM and move back to where you once were ( that other telco ) .

You receive emails and get "Bravos " for your suggestions even from Oracles . ( Am i now in a Harry Potter episode ? )

I feel good about my misfortune ??? How is that ? Am I lacking something in my life ? Meaning ?

Emails are sent and received from Community people helping and promising to do so , soon !

I remain persistent ! and hopeful .

I get a call reassuring me that my CC # is now cleared up because of too many submissions and I am free to reapply for "Auto Pay ". It has been three days since i signed up .

I have been persistent and hopeful is there a real award for this ??

There should be an award for this . 

Have you also been persistent ? You should also get an award !

I analysis myself and realize that I have HOPE for humanity and by being persistent with PM I am testing humanity to prove me wrong .

I have not applied for "Auto Pay " yet but i have hope and i am persistent .

Award ? 

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Teddz @gpixel  Thanks for sharing this important feedback - the good news is that we heard the same feedback loud and clear when collecting feedback about how we can improve our Self-Serve portal. The opportunities highlighted here are definitely on our list of priorities to address.

Teddz

Thanks for your input ! 

I am new here in the Community but it seems that users should be listened to , as per your post in order to keep this PM going smoothly and efficiently .

The tech dept. may need to redo the architecture of the site to allow it to be more user friendly .

Are they listening ? 

Teddz

one thing they should change, since it's already there, is the 2 step add-on process. most people just scroll down to the add-on menu and don't bother reading what's beneath it. pm could probably change the position of that note to the top before the add-on menu

the system is flawed and old.. you shouldn't have to do a 2 step process to purchase a feature. this is part of the old prepaid system.. seems like they tried to do a Mickey mouse fix, the system was never meant to handle (auto-pay).. 

it should take money from the card and renew services. instead of, take money from card, add to the pm account then system takes from pm account and renews 

thats probably why there are users who get charged then lose service after... because the second process fails

@will13am wrote:

I respectfully disagree that putting all sorts of notes into the autopay registration page is consistent with the KISS principle.  Moreover, it is not the best to speak in the negative when trying to give customer guidance.  That said, the fixes needed to make autopay rock solid has to be done transparently in the back office.  To the customer, it should be a simple of toggling the function ON and OFF. 

I have a hunch that credit card check or lack of may be one of the weaknesses behind the current autopay implementation. 

I agree.

When a customer changes/adds a credit card, does the system do enough checks to confirm the integrity of the change?  Hopefully it does.

No it does not. That only occurs during activation. 

The advice given in the past here has been to do a $1 top up after any credit card change to make sure all is well.

Due to the fact that Auto-Pay failure bug occurs randomly the $1 top doesn't mean a whole lot. In the past I have made a $1 top-up that failed and when I retried it a minute later it worked!!. That suggests sadly that Public's Auto-Pay system  is a "one shot" system without any built-in retry mechanism which is not good. So if you are one of the unlucky customers your service gets suspended. Most modern payment systems have a built-in retry capability.

Another concern with autopay failure is multiple hits to the same credit card if it is used in multiple accounts that have the same renewal date.  Anti fraud systems may kick in if there are multiple payments requested from the same vendor at the same time.  

Not sure if this is the case anymore. I have tested it with 3 account using the same cc with the same renewal date and it has worked in the past. Most cc companies have AI built into their monitoring systems so once a pattern is established it will let the transactions  go through.

In 2020 expecting Auto-Pay to work 100% of the time should not be a big ask. Public should upgrade their system ASAP.

Teddz

I agree that back office adjustments must carry this whole PM system but i respectfully disagree that "all sort of notes " in the Register page for Auto Pay go a quite a distance to keeping things moving efficiently and would prevent much pain which is evident now as I write this while my own Auto Pay is being sorted out .

In your reply you list solutions so why not make them known before someone blindly applies and has a negative experience , second guessing their decision about PM.

( If i knew ahead of time about the statement details and not submitting multiple times i may not have created this post .)

Of course to your point it should not be a random list of " all sort of notes " , but a sorted list of what to do , a to do list to help in making this application easier .

As you state the multiple hits to a credit card should be known by all to prevent lock up , if that is the term . 

I am now in this situation and waiting for resolution. Strange to me now as a new user of this system .

Thanks for your interest in helping all but sometimes small notes sorted properly go a long way . This should be applied throughout the system . I believe this is a credit card company problem not a PM so an explaination would help .

Teddz

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM is updating the self-serve system as we speak.

@Alan_K 's announcement (2020-03-13) related to porting number to PM is the proof.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

I am sure that PM knows about the issues on our self-serve system.  After 5 months, it is time for PM to give us an update on the progress.

I respectfully disagree that putting all sorts of notes into the autopay registration page is consistent with the KISS principle.  Moreover, it is not the best to speak in the negative when trying to give customer guidance.  That said, the fixes needed to make autopay rock solid has to be done transparently in the back office.  To the customer, it should be a simple of toggling the function ON and OFF. 

I have a hunch that credit card check or lack of may be one of the weaknesses behind the current autopay implementation.  When a customer changes/adds a credit card, does the system do enough checks to confirm the integrity of the change?  Hopefully it does.  The advice given in the past here has been to do a $1 top up after any credit card change to make sure all is well.

Another concern with autopay failure is multiple hits to the same credit card if it is used in multiple accounts that have the same renewal date.  Anti fraud systems may kick in if there are multiple payments requested from the same vendor at the same time.  

@Teddz wrote:

Public Mobile should add a " note" section to the Auto Pay Registration Page with all the possible things that can go wrong such as :  copying your info from your credit card statement exactly onto the form to register for Auto Pay with the exceptions of apt. #s etc .

There may be other notes to add as well to make the process easier to help in the enjoyment of this Public Mobile since Auto Pay is important for us all as well as convenient .

Actually all forms that have obvious problems should have a "NOTE" to help in errors ahead of time . Instituting the keep it simple principle ( KISS ) should be a mainstay for this Community .

Anticipating where problems could occur with new or current members should be a mandate for the Community .

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully all can benefit !

Teddz

@Teddz hi yes it is definitely one of the bigger issues around here a good percentage of the issues on this forum are related to this problem Public can't seem to resolve this issue maybe someone will hear your concern 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Teddz wrote:

Public Mobile should add a " note" section to the Auto Pay Registration Page with all the possible things that can go wrong such as :  copying your info from your credit card statement exactly onto the form to register for Auto Pay with the exceptions of apt. #s etc .

There may be other notes to add as well to make the process easier to help in the enjoyment of this Public Mobile since Auto Pay is important for us all as well as convenient .

Actually all forms that have obvious problems should have a "NOTE" to help in errors ahead of time . Instituting the keep it simple principle ( KISS ) should be a mainstay for this Community .

Anticipating where problems could occur with new or current members should be a mandate for the Community .

Teddz

@Teddz   My first post has disappeared so will try again.  I was saying that I agree PM should make the autopay payment absolutely airtight as we hear about this affecting someone almost daily.  But for the majority of users it works as intended but that's little consolation for users who have their services interrupted because autopay failed for them.

Teddz

Teddz

Teddz

A suggestion - 

Why not post a NOTE at Auto Pay registration( page) to list what could go wrong and to have your credit card statement to post the exact info to achieve success at this page since it is important to all in the community ?

I invite responses and possible credit .

Teddz

Teddz

Thanks i have written out a ticket and hopefully my CC # can be re activated.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Teddz your card may be locked from too many attempts. Please contact the moderators and ask them to add it for you and to reactivate your service if necessary.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.