cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Auto pay FAILS

therese1275
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI - MY ACCOUNT KEEPS FAILING TO ALLOW AUTOPAY - VALID CREDIT CARD, ETC.

SO MY ACCOUNT SUSPENDS FORCING ME TO MANUALLY PAY - WASTING TIME & LOSING IMPORTANT WORK CALLS.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barbie2 wrote:

This is good news. I have a friend I wanted to start with public and they actually will not come over because they dont want to lose service because of Auto Pay failing. I wonder how many other people have left because it is a hassle for them, when they do not want to have to think about their phone bill. 

🤷‍♀️

A part of me understands "set it and forget it" which is all very well for settings and configurations of things. But when it comes to money, I want control of what goes out. I don't do any automatic payments anywhere. I get a bill, I pay it on time. I see this heads up text from here and think well there's another month blown by and be very aware of the overnight renewal. Come the morning and there's a problem then I can manually pay and reactivate and be on my way. Or manually pay beforehand anyway making sure there's sufficient funds to pay the renewal.

Think of the heads up text as just another bill to pay.

Barbie2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is good news. I have a friend I wanted to start with public and they actually will not come over because they dont want to lose service because of Auto Pay failing. I wonder how many other people have left because it is a hassle for them, when they do not want to have to think about their phone bill. 

🤷‍♀️

@Catherine_T 

Is there something going on that customers should know about, or are these isolated incidents?

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Naepalm, 

These issues have been flagged to our technical team.

Thanks! 

Cat

jwootst

I have autopay set up, and always charges my credit on the 9th.  But it appears that the July 9th payment was not processed successfully, and put my account into suspended state.  All my add-ons (data, long distance) disappeared.  The funny thing is that I still got the monthly autopay credit credited.  I checked the credit card, and everything seems good.  How can I rectify the situation?

@zearic this is an ongoing issue, I would suggest topping up your account prior to the renewal date until this issue is fixed.

@Catherine_T @Tiana_V 

Another Autopay issue. Can you clarify if PM is working on this ?

zearic

I have the same issue for my 2 accounts. Suddenly my auto pay failed.Credit card is valid but not working on PublicMobile. No notification, no email nor text reminder for the failure. The two phone services were down for several days until we found out that we cannot make a phone call or send text. That's not good!

I have to use another credit card to make it work. I'll see what happen next autopay.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@therese1275 

HI - MY ACCOUNT KEEPS FAILING TO ALLOW AUTOPAY - VALID CREDIT CARD, ETC.

SO MY ACCOUNT SUSPENDS FORCING ME TO MANUALLY PAY - WASTING TIME & LOSING IMPORTANT WORK CALLS.

if you are using this service for work I suggest making 2-3 month payments in advance so you can avoid having those issues. if you would like you can even pay for a year in advance. you will still qualify for the $2 discount and have the ability to switch plans and purchase add-ons with ease as your account has enough "available funds" at any given moment

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I thought that's what they may have been fixing... Guess not? 🤷

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@therese1275 since this keeps happening to you. I would recommend that whenever you get the payment reminder text from 611. To log into your self service account and use the one time payment option in your self service to manually deposit the cost of your plan. So that it doesn't interrupt your service.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.