cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Auto Pay not working

ThosD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having the same problem - auto-pay fails to take a payment. It worked last month and it applied the $2 discount.  That's the second way that I know that I am in fact signed up for auto-pay. But then this month, oh excuse me!!! this payment cycle...  (I've already been flamed extensively for calling it a monthly payment)... this payment cycle the system just cut me off and suspended my account.  I tried to make a voice call and it just announced that my account had been suspended  It's a good thing that I wasn't trying to make an emergency call.  Oh, and before the trolling begins, yes, my credit card has a zero balance owing, in fact it's got a credit balance so that's not the issue and last month the auto-pay did work so the system does have my correct credit card information and no, the credit card did not expire or change since last month.  Public Mobile's magic, automation DOES NOT WORK and I'm cancelling next MONTH.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThosD : Yet another little bug with the payment system. Amount Due can be troublesome. What do you have in Available Funds? What is your plan cost?

Instead of using Amount Due, use Other to get your Available Funds up to your plan cost and the plan should renew.

@ThosD 

Autopay failures are frustrating indeed.  

As mentioned above, you should submit ticket for customer service agent help.  Click on chat icon on right lower corner of website.  Type: payment problem.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for CSA help.  Expect a few hour response time.  Check your private message folder (envelop icon on right upper corner of website).  

If you want to try a couple of tricks in the meantime, check the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

P.S. I started your own thread and merged the two posts.  

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@ThosD wrote:

In spite of the fact that autopay worked in the past, my credit card balance is zero and the system knows my correct credit card account information, it suspended my PM account. Then I made a manual payment selecting "Amount owing" and the amount has been charged to my credit card (I checked). 48 hours later, my PM account remains suspended and my account shows zero dollars remaining - the system, although it charged my credit card, has not posted the payment to my PM account. This is hopeless and I'm cancelling

@ThosD 

Go to transaction history and check if the payment you made shows up there.

If it does, see if there is a Reactivate button to click on.

Or go to Lost/Stolen page and Suspend then Resume service to get it going.

If no payment shows up in your history but credit card is charged, open a ticket with CS:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Note: If no payment shows up in transaction history, the charge in cc could be a "pending" one or caused by a glitch in the payment process. You'd still need to make another manual payment to reactivate the account.

ThosD

In spite of the fact that autopay worked in the past, my credit card balance is zero and the system knows my correct credit card account information, it suspended my PM account. Then I made a manual payment selecting "Amount owing" and the amount has been charged to my credit card (I checked). 48 hours later, my PM account remains suspended and my account shows zero dollars remaining - the system, although it charged my credit card, has not posted the payment to my PM account. This is hopeless and I'm cancelling

@ThosD 

You don't need a working service plan with a provider to make emergency calls (911). You do however need it for a pizza emergency but if you are at home then a voip service will fill that void.

If your wife has the $10 50/50 plan then before cancelling or rather removing autopay and allowing suspension and then cancellation after 90 days without payment you may want to consider offering up that plan for resale as its a very desirable plan to many customers that with 4 years of loyalty reward and the autopay reward ($10-$6=$4/30 days) makes it very attractive indeed.

ThosD

I'm a licensed amateur radio (ham) operator. I'll just organise a UHF/VHF mobile rig and use any number of digital modes on repeaters and have my wife or a friend in the radio club order that pizza for me

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThosD : You can maybe actually get by using voip apps like TextNow. It does both talk and text. Connect to a wifi somewhere and you have texting and talking.

ThosD

... and here I/we go (away to another provider or going without a cell phone for a real saving) I hear there is life after cell phones. I'm a licensed amateur radio operator (ham) and never liked cell phones anyway. The cell phone was for my wife in case of emergencies,  She has accumulated a total of 47 minutes and about 60 texts on her cell phone in four years. We'll try to go cold turkey

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThosD : As you wish.

I agree. The money taking system should never fail from no fault of the customer. It's the #1 requirement of a business...take the money as easily and seamlessly as possible for the customer. And for 10's of thousands of customers it does just that. But alas, here you are.

ThosD

NO!  I played that game with other providers and lost a bunch of money. Not playing that game again

ThosD

But if these problems are known, why isn't there a grace period before our service is summarily cut off? What if we had to make an emergency call?  Sorry, but the present state of affairs is unacceptable from a technology company in 2021.  No other choice but cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThosD : Do a manual payment and select the Other option and bring your balance up to your plan cost and it should renew. Yes, sometimes autopay fails. It might even be running late these days. It is certainly the number one complaint around here. But 10's of thousands of people are renewing with autopay month in month out without a thought.

Need Help? Let's chat.