cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account suspended

Zeinali
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account was suspended. Changed my plan and made payment requested on line. Ended up having $10 credit with zero amount due. Registered also Auto payment with my credit card.  My account is still suspended!!?  Still can't reactivate.

26 REPLIES 26

jhol

It definitely isn't the easiest place to get a direct answer. I hope everything works out with your next company 🙂 Happy to hear you're getting reimbursed as well!

@Zeinali  glad you have your money back.

but you lost your number because of the 90 days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeinali : That's a nice gesture from them.

No indeed, not all service providers are a fit for all folks. I don't know about "easy" though. It's just more hands-on, self-serve.

Zeinali

Thanks you for your advice. You've been very helpful. But I guess Public Mobile, it isn't for me.  At least not for now. It suppose to be easy to follow this kind of service provider. To save couple of dollars, I wasted few hours. 

By the way, i will be reimbursed.

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeinali : 1. we are customers like you 2. I had to look...I said _in_ a pickle. It's a little saying indicating that you're having some difficulty with something.

Edit: maybe the Oracles but most likely the moderators can verify that I did not edit the post.

Zeinali

You should be a shame of yourself by writing to a customer that you don't even know" you're now on a pickle'. If you don't know how to respect people, may be you should keep you attitude for yourself.

Thanks for nothing.

@Zeinali 

Pm's terms of service state there are no refunds and you forfeit any funds in your account if you allow it to be suspended for 90 days as that cancels your account. However the moderators are very helpful so you have a chance that they may be able to reactivate the account as mentioned by @Anonymous or at least activate a new account and transfer your credit and phone number.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses today. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeinali : Do you wish to reactivate? If not, then you have forfeited your account. As mentioned, ask the moderators to see if they will help. Yes, your urgency was before midnight last night. Now you're in a pickle. It's why we recommend people to reactivate several days before the 90 days in case there's a problem. And here you are.

Zeinali

I still don't understand how I'm going to be reimbursed for amount already being deducted from my credit card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeinali : These accounts can stay in suspension for 90 days. After that they deactivate fully.

Autopay is only used at renewal. You were doing a reactivate. You needed more money to reactivate. Letting it deactivate forfeits everything.

Zeinali

What happened to the pre-authorized Auto pay. What happened to the money it's been already deducted from my credit card!!!? I'm new with these kind of providers. So who would reimburse me ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I would be quite confident they could reinstate the SIM. They did it for SIM-jacks. Policy however...

@Zeinali 

You should have followed up your sense of urgency yesterday when you were facing account deactivation. Now you are in a very difficult spot. Contact the moderators immediately and explain the difficulty you had trying to reactivate your account. If it is vital to recover your phone number purchasing a new sim card and having the moderators help you activate it they may be able to recover your phone number and kindly ( although they are not obligated to do this) transfer your lost credit to the new account. You will need a new email address for the new account. Do you have a local retailer to purchase a sim card from?

@Zeinali  first you need to logon to your Self-Serve and confirm, maybe send us the screenshot?

I understand you said you can't logon, did you try Forgot Password ?   Make sure you check Spam folder.  (or if you have forgotten the email address used, you can still use the Forgot password link with all the email addresses you have)

In case you really unable to recover the username/password, you will have to open a ticket with Mod to have it all reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeinali : Then it looks like you left it to the last minute to reactivate your service. For the one day maybe just maybe the moderators could open it for the day and let you add the other $5 and reactivate. Maybe.

Zeinali

I can no longer access my selfservice account. There was a pre-authorized Auto pay credit card plus $10 credit and $2 reward. What happened to all!!?

Zeinali

I can no longer access to my account today. Yesterday I could but not today. There's a pre-authorized Auto pay credit card plus $10 and $2 reward!!! 

@Zeinali 

The main concern right now is do you still have access to your account? If you had access to it yesterday May 24th then it should still just be suspended rather than deactivated. Then you need to add more funds as you cannot count your rewards towards your payment. Make sure you have added at least $15 in funds to your account that should reactivate your account. When you add the funds choose "other" amount not "amount owing".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeinali : Did your plan just suspend? Or has it been suspended for a while?

If recently suspended then what do you mean by "than it showed $15 then $10"?

Here's how it all should have gone down with what you've supplied (assuming recent suspension):

1. change plan to $15

2. manually pay in $13 (tax would appear on payment card)

3. plan reactivates (maybe click Reactivate button)

I'm not sure about your other numbers. No wonder you're confused. I am! It _looks_ like you only paid in $8. If you see the $15 plan as your plan now, can you add another $5.

Maybe post a screenshot of your Payment history from here (not payment card). Also your overview page. Be sure to blank out personal info of course.

@Zeinali wrote:

My suspended plan was $25 plan with a $2 credit. I changing to $15 plan than it showed $15  then $10 minus $2 Credit = $8 + tax 1.96  came to 9.96 paid with my credit card and my card was charged. It showed I have a credit of $10 and $0 amount owing. So I registered by phone call *611 Auto pay in case if there would be any remaining amount. I checked there was a credit of $2 for Auto pay. Tried to reactivate came up with my account is suspended and I need to pay pay May 24th or il be loosing my n phone number. At the same time was showing there was $10 on my account $2 owing and couldn't reactivate. Very confusing.

@Zeinali 

The payment system can be finicky especially if you are changing plans in a suspended state. If you can, I would try to manually load up $5 into your available funds.  Then your account should re-activate.  If that does not work, you may need to manually load another $10 (bring the available funds to your original plan cost of $25)

Do you still have access to your self service account?  It is May 24 today.  Was your account suspended more than 90 days already?  Then your account may be permanently closed and your number lost. 

Zeinali

My suspended plan was $25 plan with a $2 credit. I changing to $15 plan than it showed $15  then $10 minus $2 Credit = $8 + tax 1.96  came to 9.96 paid with my credit card and my card was charged. It showed I have a credit of $10 and $0 amount owing. So I registered by phone call *611 Auto pay in case if there would be any remaining amount. I checked there was a credit of $2 for Auto pay. Tried to reactivate came up with my account is suspended and I need to pay pay May 24th or il be loosing my n phone number. At the same time was showing there was $10 on my account $2 owing and couldn't reactivate. Very confusing.

Zeinali

Yes

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried to reset your phone or pull out your SIM and put it back in?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : lol ok 🙂 yeah yeah I alluded to that.

@Zeinali : You can change plans while in suspension. If you pay first you run the risk of renewing your existing plan. With left-over balance I wonder if this is what happened and that you might still be on the same plan. Hopefully you didn't renew and then add another payment in your attempt to change the plan.

@Zeinali 

I'm wondering if you changed plans in the right order when suspended? As @Anonymous  has alluded to:

1. What was your original plan?
  2. What plan did you change to?
  3. How much did you top up?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zeinali : What plan were you on and what plan are you on now? What happens when you click the reactivate button upper right? Are any services working? Maybe restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.