cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly curious - switching carriers with credit in account

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just got curious, I have *no* plans on switching any time soon just for the record! Lol, but say for example someone is a customer here, and pre pays a few months worth just as a preference, but then they find a great deal somewhere else worth switching, or they need a device in an urgent fashion (say old device got smashed by a tank lol) but can't afford up front payment for a full new device or even used so they need to switch to a carrier with device plans

I know that funds can't normally be refunded as it's prepaid, but *could* funds be transferred to someone's account staying with PM, as a gesture of pure kindness and good graces? Perhaps to newer members who haven't build up rewards yet? So that way PM keeps the money but it also it doesn't go wasted ?

Just a totally random thought I had and also possibly an idea? 🤔 account credit donations of sorts, should the situation arise? Or maybe even similar but ability to donate those credits to a charity of choice or something? Rather than just totally wasted 

I like to keep an eye open, I think many of us do, and I just got to thinking what if something in their favor did come up but they've already paid ahead? 🤔 I know most will say don't pay ahead lol, but what if? Hmmmm.... 

2 REPLIES 2

@Pawprints1986 

In the past, some customers were able to transfer funds in between accounts.  However, at the present time, Public mobile does not allow transfer of funds between PM accounts.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

interesting idea..  But honest, not too many people would have lots of Available Fund on the accounts (unless it was added by mistakes , I assume)

from PM stand point, I don't think they like the idea.  They rather forfeit the amount after 90 days (sad but a true)

For transferring, the only thing really close to that is the "private sell" your account.   if you can find a "buyer", you can simple change names, address, credit card on Self-Serve.  The new buyer could change the number or port his/her own (unfortunately in this case, you loss your number. there is no way you can port away your number without closing the account)

Need Help? Let's chat.