cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Charges on credit card

ashtoncasey89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have noticed some odd charges on my credit card.  Aside from sometimes being charged more then my usual bill by a couple dollars (probably varies from my 1, 2 dollar savings) I have noticed a charge for 11.50 for no reason.

Also, in November I had to purchase 1G.. twice. But the first charge came to 34.5o (makes sense) and the second G charged me 46.00.  An extra G is 30$ so why the extra 11.50 AGAIN??
I want to get this sorted.. I enjoy my public mobile account but if I will often be overcharged without answers or reimbursement I will be forced to find a new provider.

7 REPLIES 7

@ashtoncasey89  The charges are $10+hst and $40+hst. Plan charges on transaction history are charged as a basic plan $10 and the data charges ($40 would be for the $50 plan) but will only appear on your credit card as one charge ($50+$7.50hst=$57.50). Unless you can account for it yourself by viewing your payment history posting it would be the only way for the community to help decipher it for you. If there is an anomaly we can then isolate it and direct you to contacting the moderators to adjust it.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to contact a moderator with this issue by clicking ?, bottom right, and follow instructions to submit a ticket. Moderator wait times can be within a few hours or sooner, or within a day, from my experience.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ashtoncasey89  Are you by any chance in New Brunswick and on the $10 plan with 15% tax  = $11.50. If so, it looks like you're being charged for the renewal of the plan in addition to any add-ons.Or, you're being charged for a data-on?: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Followup with the moderators by using this link or the "?" on bottom right of screen:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@kselmak wrote:

Can you take screenshots of your payment history for past 90 days.

Remove personal information though.

Yes, screenshots usually reveal the issue, or lack thereof - a lot of people seem to be confused by the PM listing of their credits, rewards, & charges. And yes, although the PM listings won't show it, you will have taxes on your credit card, or Visa debit charges.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ashtoncasey89 wrote:

Hello,

I have noticed some odd charges on my credit card.  Aside from sometimes being charged more then my usual bill by a couple dollars (probably varies from my 1, 2 dollar savings) I have noticed a charge for 11.50 for no reason.

Also, in November I had to purchase 1G.. twice. But the first charge came to 34.5o (makes sense) and the second G charged me 46.00.  An extra G is 30$ so why the extra 11.50 AGAIN??
I want to get this sorted.. I enjoy my public mobile account but if I will often be overcharged without answers or reimbursement I will be forced to find a new provider.

@ashtoncasey89  Best way to see what those charges are is to access your online selfserve account a click on the Payment History link. Just select the appropriate date range and review the charges. If you need help post a screenshot minus any personal info of course since this is a public forum.

@ashtoncasey89 the small amounts could be provincial tax.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you take screenshots of your payment history for past 90 days.

Remove personal information though.

Also which plan are you on 

Which add-ons did you purchase recently?

When is your renewal?

Is it the only account with pm?

Need Help? Let's chat.