cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ran out of minutes...decided to upgrade plan...paid...Do I really have to pay again in 4 days?

Hey folks,

I recently realized that for the first since joining Public Mobile, that I had run out of minutes. Finding the Self-Serve options online a little confusing, it me a bit of work to get to where I could purchase an upgrade (crossing my fingers it would be effective right away--it more-or-less was).

Having made my payment (today, July 11th), I checked my payment due date is August 9th, but under My Rewards, it says my next plan cycle starts July 15th. Is this a contradiction? I am wanting to

1) not lose rewards and 2) not pay in full for partial cycle.

Can someone help me understand my position here? Will I be getting what I want (as above in #1 and #2)?

Thanks

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Ran out of minutes...decided to upgrade plan...paid...Do I really have to pay again in 4 days?

The payment date is supposed to automatically adjust when your previous cycle ends. 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Ran out of minutes...decided to upgrade plan...paid...Do I really have to pay again in 4 days?

@johnCa11  hi those dates will clear up there seems to be alot of account issues today

@johnCa11 wrote:

Hey folks,

I recently realized that for the first since joining Public Mobile, that I had run out of minutes. Finding the Self-Serve options online a little confusing, it me a bit of work to get to where I could purchase an upgrade (crossing my fingers it would be effective right away--it more-or-less was).

Having made my payment (today, July 11th), I checked my payment due date is August 9th, but under My Rewards, it says my next plan cycle starts July 15th. Is this a contradiction? I am wanting to

1) not lose rewards and 2) not pay in full for partial cycle.

Can someone help me understand my position here? Will I be getting what I want (as above in #1 and #2)?

Thanks

You don't really have much of a choice.  If you wish to change your plan and have it take effect now, the full amount will be due immediately. While you will get a full 30 days (or 90 days depending on plan chosen) of the new plan, anything you paid for the first plan will be forfeited. The remaining 4 days will be lost from the old plan.

As for rewards, you won't lose anything.  However, the reward amount won't get applied to your new plan's first payment.  Those get added to your account balance after the plan change takes effect.  On the renewal after that, you will have extra reward to reduce your required payment.

Thanks. I hope they do. Smiley Happy

Thanks--this is very helpful. 

Could I still ask for a little more clarification.

I still find it confusing that the payment due date differs from the plan cycle date. Are they supposed to differ--or is it just an "issue" as @RossN  said, that will clear up in a bit? I'd be very grateful for any clarity here. It doesn't seem to covered in the Knowledge Base Self-Serve Account Management section.

Much appreciated.

Mayor / Maire

@johnCa11  you can contact a moderator to look into it for you, if there is an issue they will fix it for you click here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Great. Can I just paste a link to this thread somehow or do I start from scratch?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@johnCa11 t may be best to just explian your issue to them good luck!!

@johnCa11 wrote:

Thanks--this is very helpful. 

Could I still ask for a little more clarification.

I still find it confusing that the payment due date differs from the plan cycle date. Are they supposed to differ--or is it just an "issue" as @RossN  said, that will clear up in a bit? I'd be very grateful for any clarity here. It doesn't seem to covered in the Knowledge Base Self-Serve Account Management section.

Much appreciated.

There's a known site bug going around for a while that causes dates shown to be incorrect.