cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

cgonzalez0701
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So i paid my public mobile bill the day that it was due by buying a voucher then put it on my account and since then i'm with no service. What should i do?

20 REPLIES 20

cgonzalez0701

So i hit the reactivate option on self serve and it says that i need a voucher number but i already submit on the 26th of july and if i retypied it won't accept it because i already use it. Can i do something else? And the confusing part is that in my account it says that i have the 25 dollar of my voucher from last friday and i don't have service yet

@cgonzalez0701 wrote:

When i call *611 it tells me that my plan had expired and that i only have the option to pay with a voucher number which i already used in the online self service to make a payment. So what else should i do?

@cgonzalez0701 Is your phone currently working? If yes, ignore it. If not, sign in to selfserve and hit the reactivate button.

cgonzalez0701

When i call *611 it tells me that my plan had expired and that i only have the option to pay with a voucher number which i already used in the online self service to make a payment. So what else should i do?

@srlawren 

@srlawren wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I just don't understand why subscribers get up in arms about this.  The message clearly states if you are on AutoPay, or have the required funds loaded - DO NOTHING.

@stonechucker sorry, gotta disagree with you here!  In no way should those internal statuses be displayed to the customer.  The plan should always show as Active to the customer, unless it actually isn't active.  PM can use whatever internal process for the renewal they like, but they should not freak their customers out by airing that dirty laundry in the self-serve account.  Period.  I get that there's a message not to freak out, but that message would not be necessary if the system were designed properly.  The message is a miniature bandaid on top of a large festering wound of horrible system design.  

Well, I do agree with you, it should not be public-facing, and it should still list active.  However, as you and I both know,  the system is screwed up, and the techs don't take the feedback we provide to @Alan_K  and @Dave_M, nor @Jeremy_M  and @Brooke_C  previously.

Until marketing and tech (IT programming) can get together and actually work things properly, this dang ignore message should be flashing and subscribers should follow the ignore suggestion.

I've been on the programming side of things in a previous job - making the interface user-facing informative and accurate without causing problems is job one (Thanks Ford Motor Company for that idea I've used from your slogan).

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I just don't understand why subscribers get up in arms about this.  The message clearly states if you are on AutoPay, or have the required funds loaded - DO NOTHING.

@stonechucker sorry, gotta disagree with you here!  In no way should those internal statuses be displayed to the customer.  The plan should always show as Active to the customer, unless it actually isn't active.  PM can use whatever internal process for the renewal they like, but they should not freak their customers out by airing that dirty laundry in the self-serve account.  Period.  I get that there's a message not to freak out, but that message would not be necessary if the system were designed properly.  The message is a miniature bandaid on top of a large festering wound of horrible system design.  

Exactly, people would not freak out in the first place if the system displayed accurate information in the first place. There wouldn't even need to be a message to disregard in the first place if the first message about suspension was accurate to begin with, and all that needs to be changed to make it more accurate is to not say that people are suspended - instead say that they will be suspended if they didn't pay.

TheGx

@GinYVR wrote:

@TheGxI usually add $ to my Public Mobile account after reviewing my credit card statements for the month, sometimes it just need a little to bump me up to the next level for rewards.. the joy of gamefication of every day life.

@GinYVR  Nice, of course find ways to gain the advantage from your credit cards instead of letting your credit cards gain the advantage from you.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TheGx

@stonechucker wrote:

As long as your service is working, there is no problem.

*IF* the device stops working, this is the time to look for help.

@stonechucker  I know the message says do nothing if you got $ or got autopay, and I haven't had to do anything since my service has never been interrupted, but still Public should be more clear about displaying a message saying that my service has been suspended when in fact it wasn't - all they have to do is say that service will be suspended if no $ or no autopay, instead of saying it is suspended then telling me to ignore it if I got $ or autopay, it's less of a contradiction that way.

Also, even the message when dialing 611 says I'm suspended when I not - bottom line is that I'd like Public to stop telling me I'm suspended but to ignore it, I'd rather them tell me that I will be suspended if I don't pay.

@TheGxI usually add $ to my Public Mobile account after reviewing my credit card statements for the month, sometimes it just need a little to bump me up to the next level for rewards.. the joy of gamefication of every day life.

TheGx

@GinYVR wrote:

@TheGxOn the day of account renewal, your profile page will display account suspension, while your service is working. As long as your service is working, you can safely ignore the suspension message. I highly doubt Public Mobile will fix the "feature".

Problem arises when you don't have enough balance in the account during the renewal cycle, and autopay fails. Then they really suspend your service. The only way to differentiate between the 2 scenarios is you either have service (or not).

That's why there are advice to keep a month's worth of balance in the account 

(even if you have autopay) to avoid the suspension scenario if you don't want to go through the hassle.

@GinYVR  Thank you, I always keep a month or two worth of $ in my Public account.

As long as your service is working, there is no problem.

*IF* the device stops working, this is the time to look for help.

@TheGxOn the day of account renewal, your profile page will display account suspension, while your service is working. As long as your service is working, you can safely ignore the suspension message. I highly doubt Public Mobile will fix the "feature".

Problem arises when you don't have enough balance in the account during the renewal cycle, and autopay fails. Then they really suspend your service. The only way to differentiate between the 2 scenarios is you either have service (or not).

That's why there are advice to keep a month's worth of balance in the account 

(even if you have autopay) to avoid the suspension scenario if you don't want to go through the hassle.

TheGx

Me and others I know have had an account suspended notice on out self serve page and even when we call 611 it says it's suspended too, but our service still worked - we had $ in our Public account but it wasn't deducted. Hopefully Public fixes this issue soon.

egg007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@cgonzalez0701 wrote:

So i paid my public mobile bill the day that it was due by buying a voucher then put it on my account and since then i'm with no service. What should i do?

You need to contact the Moderator Team in this case.

To contact Public Mobile Moderator Team (PMMT):

1. Please send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking here.
  2. Enter a title and description of the problem, and click SEND.
  3. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it.
  4. You will receive a response in your private message inbox.  Depending on the workload of the PMMT, it may take up to 72 hours for a response.

Moderators' Hours: 

M - F:  8 a.m. to Midnight Eastern Time

Sa - Su:  8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern Time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

All the Best!

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Contact a moderator via private message and give detailed information about the issue. It can take up to 48 hours to receive a reply.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mimmo

@Jaskrat  didn't @geopublic say the same thing 20 minutes earlier.. 

Jaskrat

Trying Dialing 611. What does it say?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@cgonzalez0701 wrote:

@cgonzalez0701  What happens when you dial 611? Does it report your account as suspended?

mimmo

What are your current available funds, does self serve say your account is active or suspended?

The lost stolen trick often works

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cgonzalez0701 wrote:

Assuming you were successful (there've been some reported problems) do you see the Reactivate button on that upper bar? Click it and see what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.