cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding suspending account for vacation

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello all, 

Just a question regarding suspension via the Lost/Stolen option in self-serve. 

I am going on holidays for 2 weeks, and wanted to know what the best option was since I will be going out of US/Canada and will be getting a local SIM while I am out of the country. I have heard that you can suspend your account via lost/stolen phone function. 

Also, I have a few promos ongoing on my account:

- Positive balance due to being referred, as well as referring two customers to PM.

- $10 off for 6 months, I am on month 2 of this promo. 

My questions are:

1) Will I lose out on any of these promotions when suspending my account? When I come back will I continue to have the $10 for 4 more months?

2) Will my plan be extended by 14 days if I suspend my plan for 14 days? 

3) Any other suggestions? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

steff12321

Perfect, thanks for the info everyone! I assumed the renewal date would have been pushed back. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@steff12321 Your account is not suspended, rather just connection to the SIM.

Edit: I take it back given william's post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Lost-stolen-mode-and-plan-change/m-p/34.... The account is suspended except for its renewal date.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Rewards are only applied to activat accounts.  Suspension will affect ongoing rewards.  As already mentioned, suspending the account only prevents renewal.  It does not stop the clock for the paid duration. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@steff12321 wrote:

Hello all, 

I am going on holidays for 2 weeks, and wanted to know what the best option was since I will be going out of US/Canada and will be getting a local SIM while I am out of the country. I have heard that you can suspend your account via lost/stolen phone function. 

- Positive balance due to being referred, as well as referring two customers to PM.

My questions are:

1) Will I lose out on any of these promotions when suspending my account? When I come back will I continue to have the $10 for 4 more months?

Thanks!

@steff12321 If you are just out for 2 weeks and you have $10 off from your current plan, you should not suspend your account.

You can lend your phone to best friend or family that they can use your phone while you are away. 

denis2

I agree, if youre bringing your phone just swap your SIM for 2 weeks and reswap after vacation., nothing lost, you would not get 2 weeks extended anyways

metropublic

@steff12321 wrote:

Hello all, 

My questions are:

Thanks!

If you are going for two weeks only why do you want to suspend your account and risk it?. If your plan does not exipre in the next two weeks just leave it. You've already prepaid for it so it's not like you are going to save anything.

Need Help? Let's chat.