cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question/Suggestion about credit card payment

dorianneto
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today early I was trying to make a payment in order to reactivate my plan and I tried to do it with my credit card, but I faced a weird behavior on the website's side.

While I'm was filling up the credit card fields with my credit card information, I realized the POSTAL CODE field only accepts the postal code format from Canada, it doesn't matter which country I selected. For example, the Brazil's postal code format is composed of 8 digits (XXXXX-XXX) and since Canada postal code format is composed of 6 digits I'm not able to fill up the postal code field with a Brazil's one.

b4e89d1a-09c8-4700-af0c-a21696021c88.png

IMO this behavior is wrong since from the moment the website makes available a list with a lot of countries to be selected, the postal code format should be changed according to the country the user selected. If only credit cards from Canada are accepted, maybe a list of countries it doesn't make sense, otherwise, the postal code field should be updated according the country selected.

8 REPLIES 8

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@dorianneto geeat job in making Public known anout this issue right away! 

kudos to you.

@dorianneto To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

Once you have a Canadian address, add a Canadian phone number  and you can use it over WiFi from Brazil to call Canada and be called from Canada for free.

dorianneto

Hey @gblackma , thank you for the answer! Your tip about online services helped me a lot, I was able to do a recharge through recharge.com. Awesome!

@will13am hi maybe they are going to expand world wide lol 😂🤔

dorianneto

@will13am that's cool! It's good to know I was able to help to improve the product usability 🙂

BTW, thank you guys for letting me know about the countries that are allowed.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dorianneto , good find.  Since payment cards from Canada and US only are accepted, the country list should only include these two countries and nowhere else.  @Tiana_V , please look into fixing this bug in the self serve.  

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You can only use Canada or USA issued cards, so those are the only two relevant options really

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dorianneto there's a reason for that. PM only accepts VISA or MasterCard debit and  Visa, MasterCard or American express from Canadian or American banks. See article 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/register-your-payment-card

You can pay using online services such as recharge.com and zoom.com. for a service fee.

Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.