cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quebec tax is deducting still, while I moved to Ontario

duferdous
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,
I permanently moved to Toronto from Montreal. And changed the address 5 months ago in my PM My Account. However, I have noticed that I am still paying to overtax as the Quebec tax rate. Please fix this issue. It should deduct the ON tax.
Thanks
Ferdous

3 REPLIES 3

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@duferdous  You need to go into selfserve and change your number to an Ontario number if you want to pay the ON tax. Another option is to buy vouchers from ON.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@duferdous 

Sale tax is calculate according to the area code of your phone number.

You will be paying the Qc sale tax if your area code of your phone number has not changed.

If you want the lowest sale tax, you can get a phone number with AB area code - pay only GST.

@duferdous wrote:

Hi,
I permanently moved to Toronto from Montreal. And changed the address 5 months ago in my PM My Account. However, I have noticed that I am still paying to overtax as the Quebec tax rate. Please fix this issue. It should deduct the ON tax.
Thanks
Ferdous

Did you change your phone number? Your address is not what determines your taxation rate. Taxation rate is dependent on your phone number.  If you try to withhold what you feel that you are being overcharged, your service will stop working.  If you want to be paying the the lower Ontario sales tax rate, you will need to change your phone number to one that is assigned to the a city in the province of Ontario.

Need Help? Let's chat.