cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: QUIT DISCONNECTING ME

Freedom Mobile actually does give a 10-day grace period to prepaid ("Pay Before") customers for incoming calls and incoming text messages.

softech
Mayor / Maire

Freedom is interesting.. they operate like a postpaid carrier.. they have winback promo too.. I wonder when will PM introduces Winback..

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Pm does have targetted winback offers....the recent 1gb/2gb for 12/24 months $25/$35+ plans (no one tested the theory that it was stackable with 2GBBONUS promocode?!!)

There was also a late 2019 offer I recall that was $10 off/12 months $15 plans and $15 or maybe even $20 off/12 months $25+ plans.

So they do exist.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Rogers bought Shaw (along with Shaw Mobile and Freedom Mobile) but they'll need a year or two to modify the accounting and billing policies for all their new brands (and new subscribers) into a unified revenue stream.

So I'm guessing that Freedom (and Shaw) subscribers will eventually find their billing policies adjusted. They've already "agreed" to the Terms of Service, meaning they've already "agreed" the Terms of Service can be changed at any time and they've already "agreed" to the new Terms of Service before even being informed of the changes.

Rogers is an industry leader but they're also absolutely ruthless and unforgiving (and, dare I say, they're sometimes quite unethical) about milking money out of their customers.

@eamery 

As far as your complaint goes ... it's prepaid service. You're buying next month (next 30 days) in advance. Your old plan has "expired" (finished) and your new plan (next 30 days) doesn't start until you pay up. About the same deal as anywhere else.

Public Mobile does issue SMS reminders several days in advance. Not really their fault if you ignore the reminders and refuse to pay until after the last minute of the last day. Or that you choose to not use AutoPay.

Public Mobile does have an advantage you won't find elsewhere - there's no fees, costs, charges applied when your service is suspended and when your service is (re)activated. None of the moneygrab (ten bucks here, twenty bucks there, thirty bucks penalty, etc) that you'll get when you pay after cutoff on most other service providers. You can in fact allow your service to go dormant (get suspended) for up to 90 days without any costs or hassles, you don't have to pay for suspended days and your next 30-day billing cycle starts counting Day 1 the moment payment is received. Some PM customers deliberately do this to save money (not pay for phone service they won't use) when travelling/vacation/etc.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Korth Rogers didn't buy Shaw. They're trying to but it's not final. They're still different companies. It's not final until regulatory approval.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@cavemantoronto 

You may be right. But from what I've read, it's already a done deal. Rogers has bought (or is buying) Shaw, everybody knows that and Shaw has to sell and nobody else is in a position to buy it. They're just negotiating the fine details (price) of this transaction, the only things left undecided at this point are who gets how much money for what. (Including the regulatory bribes costs being paid out to CRTC.)

Rogers is already proudly announcing their acquisition and promising Good Things to consumers. Behaving as if they already fully own Shaw.

https://about.rogers.com/rogers-shaw/

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Korth It's not a done deal until CRTC says yes.  They rejected the Bell and Astral deal.They rejected the Telus and Mobilicity deal.

Need Help? Let's chat.