cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eamery
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

QUIT DISCONNECTING ME

THIS IS RIDICULOUS! i HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A COMPANY THAT CUTS OFF PEOPLE'S PHONE ON THE DAY THAT A BILL IS DUE.  THE DAY IT IS DUE MEANS UNTIL MIDNIGHT, NOT IN THE MORNING.  I AM CHANGING PROVIDERS BECAUSE i CAN'T HANDLE DEALING WITH THIS INSANITY. DO NOT CUT ME OFF ON THE DAY MY BILL IS DUE. AUGUST 4 MEANS AUGUST 4 UNTIL MIDNIGHT, NOT IN THE MORNING. MOST COMPANIES GIVE THE CLIENT THE DAY AND THEN DAYS AFTER TIME TO PAY!!!! UNBELIEVABLE. 

Accepted Solutions
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: QUIT DISCONNECTING ME

@eamery : Note the wording - Pay _before_ that date. That means pay up to 11:59pm ET of the day before. Prepaid does not do any grace time. Post-paid does.

Edit: there's actually a small grace period up to about 6am ET on that date where your services will still work.

View solution in original post

All Replies
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@eamery : Note the wording - Pay _before_ that date. That means pay up to 11:59pm ET of the day before. Prepaid does not do any grace time. Post-paid does.

Edit: there's actually a small grace period up to about 6am ET on that date where your services will still work.

View solution in original post

eamery

HI ,

THAT IS RIDICULOUS. YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF CUSTOMER SERVICE OR APPRECIATING YOUR CLIENTS. 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@eamery : I'm a fellow client. Most people posting here are too.

It's how prepaid works. Pre...pay.

Metal1967
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Warnings are sent.. days before.. giving ample time to add funds if that’s how you pay.. maybe try autopay?

eamery

OH, it is so nice to see everyone standing up for Public. I am just used to companies that appreciate their clients and do give them a grace period (more than a few hours). 

I am looking at other companies now anyways.  I can't afford to be disconnected when rely on this service and to help my 97 year old father out. \

I guess I just interpret customer service different than all of you people

softech
Mayor / Maire

@eamery   PM , and other Tier 3 providers, are running on a 30 days cycle, NOT monthly.  I am pretty sure with the 30 days cycle end last night.    Also, the wording on your My Account is :

Payment Due Before: August 4

In fact. , PM gives a 6 or 8 hours buffer and hence the service was disconnected this morning.

Understand you are upset, but I think you want to get your service back as soon as possible.

You can try to logon to My Account and pay manually there or dial *611

softech
Mayor / Maire

@eamery wrote:

OH, it is so nice to see everyone standing up for Public. I am just used to companies that appreciate their clients and do give them a grace period (more than a few hours). 

No, we don't stand up for Public.  (in fact, we also complain and think PM could improve a bit)  We just been here longer and understand the business model a bit more.   

In this case, I think you ignored the text that was sent to you COUPLE DAYS AGO and you missed the payment.    (BTW, did you setup Autopay?  That would save a bit of your headache to keep track 12 midnight or 6am in the morning.) 

The usual mobile plan are usually Postpaid.  With Postpaid, you missed the bill and  they are graceful enough to let you keep using it, but they will start charging interest.  RIDCULOUSLY high interest rate, that's why they don't mind you to miss your payment, they profit margin is better with the interest they charge

what you got here with Public Mobile is a Prepaid plan.  You pay before you use the service.   The do have a grace period of couple hours.  But as I said, it's Prepaid

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@eamery : Oh not everything is roses and butterflies around here. But pre-pay is pre-pay. It's a revolving, renewable 30 day contract if you will. You agree to pay up front, and the company agrees to provide services for the agreed term. If you wish to continue then you need to renew that contract at the end of the agreed term.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@eamery 

All prepaid providers work the same way with 30 day plans and disconnecting service when you don't prepay. In fact other providers require you to preauthorize your card and/or maintain a minimum balance. Pm does not do this and they are the only provider that gives you any grace period at all as the others cut you off at midnight....period.

Best for you to look at post paid providers if you are unable to pay for your services on time.

Need Help? Let's chat.