cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put the service on hold for three months

lory
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will be out of country for 3 months, how to put the service on hold for three months? I will resume it when I am back.

Thank you

23 REPLIES 23

@computergeek541 wrote:

@lory wrote:

Thank you for all the replies, if my payment date is Dec 22, and I am leaving Jan 2, I want to use the service until Jan 2, do I pay monthly plan for whole month and remove auto pay by Jan 22?I only use the service 10 days instead of 30 days.

Assuming that the plan renews on December 22, your date for the following renewal isn't correct.

As you know, the plan is 30 days, so you need to disable autopay before January 21st starts. If you wait until January 22, you will be charged again.  Your next payment date afer December 22 wouldn't be January 22, but rather January 21.  In addition, as you would need to disable autopay before January 21 starts, waiting until January 21 to remove the autopay means that there's a good chance that you still would be charged (January 20 would be the last day of the plan before that renewal).

@t_p 

The January 22 date that you mentioned isn't the correct renewal date.

Thanks. Post edited.

@lory wrote:

Thank you for all the replies, if my payment date is Dec 22, and I am leaving Jan 2, I want to use the service until Jan 2, do I pay monthly plan for whole month and remove auto pay by Jan 22?I only use the service 10 days instead of 30 days.

Assuming that the plan renews on December 22, your date for the following renewal isn't correct.

As you know, the plan is 30 days, so you need to disable autopay before January 21st starts. If you wait until January 22, you will be charged again.  Your next payment date afer December 22 wouldn't be January 22, but rather January 21.  In addition, as you would need to disable autopay before January 21 starts, waiting until January 21 to remove the autopay means that there's a good chance that you still would be charged (January 20 would be the last day of the plan before that renewal).

@t_p 

The January 22 date that you mentioned isn't the correct renewal date.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lory wrote:

Thank you

@lory   Yes you will need to pay on Dec/22nd if you want your service available until Jan, 2nd.  However, there's no prorating for unused days.  Just remove the payment card after the Dec payment though.  Then you have 90 days (from the Jan. payment date) before the account would be deactivated for lack of payment in (in April).

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@lory wrote:

Thank you

@lory 

PM is prepaid, so you'll have to pay for the whole "month" of January even if you use the service for only 10 days. There's no pro-rating.( and that means you can remove autopay anytime between Jan 2 and Jan 22 20 to avoid paying for the following month)

Edit: Cycle is 30 days and stopping payment by Jan 20 allows a bit of safety margin.

@lory 

If you noted in my post I recommend suspending via lost/stolen not by removing autopay. However if you wish to suspend this way then just remove autopay before you leave then you know it's done. Your service stays active until your renewal when it will suspend due to non payment.

lory

Thank you

@Anonymous 

I don't know what the CSA's when they do not act on the request. I do know what they say when they do....then the ability to use the quote tool becomes that much more important.

@darlicious wrote:

@shimdog 

What a brouhaha?!! The simple fix here is to tag the member you are replying to then there is no confusion. Tap on the "@" key and a pop up box will appear with member's usernames if you dont see it keep typing until the name appears.

@dabr 

There is of course the possibility that a member is not allowed to tag the other member for fear of banishment.....ahh....time to stop and smell the roses or are they rosier on the other side of the fence?

@darlicious   Lol...so far (AFAIA) I've not reached that level of banishment, yet...  😀

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

There is of course the possibility that a member is not allowed to tag the other member for fear of banishment.....ahh....time to stop and smell the roses or are they rosier on the other side of the fence?

@darlicious : It's like some users take some great offense at the mere tagging. If they are reporting that then I'd be interested to know what the CSA's are saying in reply. But they'd never share that would they.

@shimdog 

What a brouhaha?!! The simple fix here is to tag the member you are replying to then there is no confusion. Tap on the "@" key and a pop up box will appear with member's usernames if you dont see it keep typing until the name appears.

@dabr 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

most of the time I click 'reply' on any of the posts, especially if Ive read through the whole thread. if I really need to look back at the OPs question, I'll reply to their original post

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@computergeek541    Shimdog isn't the OP here but I believe they were referencing the response by  umayal as not answering OP's question.  At least that's how I interpreted shimdog's post.

I can see who the member was replying to.  Thsis person was responding to S--S, but you're right that I didn't notice who the OP was.

@computergeek541   So you're able to see who's post anyone is responding to without the benefit of an username being mentioned.  Good to know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : That's cheating then 🙂 Oracles get to enjoy that privilege. Perhaps start by saying that according to the reply chain someone replied to such and such. But of course someone could also just click the reply button at the end of a thread too leaving it ambiguous.

@dabr wrote:

@computergeek541    Shimdog isn't the OP here but I believe they were referencing the response by  umayal as not answering OP's question.  At least that's how I interpreted shimdog's post.

I can see who the member was replying to.  This person was responding to S--S, but you're right that I didn't notice who the OP was.

@shimdog wrote:

This does not answer the question. The whole point is to not have to pay for the 3 months when the plan is not in use.

The message by S--S does indirectly answer the question as it says what eeds to done to keep the phone number.  Another way of saying that is that what's being asked for can't be done (without making any payments). As eveyrone has stated,  a 30-day plan  must be paid for before the  account has been suspended for 90 days or the account will get closed.   Three 30-day renewals wouldn't have to be paid for. The plan would only need to be paid once before the account gets closed.

(clairified that the person I was responding to wasn't the same person asking for the advvice)

@umayal wrote:

You'll need to contact moderators to ask about the missing SIM. Submit a ticket via chatbot and follow prompts here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@umayal  you may have thought you were replying to a different thread on this one.

shimdog
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This does not answer the question. The whole point is to not have to pay for the 3 months when the plan is not in use.

umayal

You'll need to contact moderators to ask about the missing SIM. Submit a ticket via chatbot and follow prompts here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lory 

Options for your account and service....

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lory wrote:

I will be out of country for 3 months, how to put the service on hold for three months? I will resume it when I am back.

Thank you

@lory   Remove your payment card or don't make a payment and your account will suspend and then make sure to make a payment around day 85/86 to keep your account/number from being deactivated.  If you have a balance equivalent to your plan payment, then just click Plans/Add-ons tab > Lost/Stolen tab > Suspend Service.  You will still need to make a payment around day 86 to it keep from being lost, but also will need to Resume Service for the account to become active upon payment.

A reminder that if you opt to change plans to the $15 plan and are on a grandfathered in plan (no longer available), you will not be able to get back to that plan upon re-activation.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have autopay setup then remove it.  You will need make a payment before 90 days in order to keep your account.  

If you don't make a payment within 90 days then your account will be deactivated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lory 

you can change your plan to $ 15 to keep your number,

* no need to miss a payment, when your plan is Reactivated or Suspended, all you have to do is replenish your balance to keep the same plan. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and in doing so your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume. After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means:

*You can no longer access your phone number and you will no longer be able to transfer it to a new provider.
*You need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Need Help? Let's chat.