Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase PM Voucher using PayPal

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hi all, 

I just want to share that I found a website that lets you purchase PM vouchers using PayPal and other payment methods.

Here is the site: https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up

I have not used it myself, so until someone confirms, it is YMMV. 

EDIT: Multiple users have confirmed this working:)

EDIT2: As of April 2019, Recharge.com has started charging 5% tax and upto $1.99 service fees. This now makes it expensive than buying from local stores and pay voucher amount plus tax only.

"I understand your remark on our service fees.

We want to offer you the best service possible. On our website, you can order quickly and easily from any location, 24/7. We make sure you can pay safely and you instantly get your code delivered by email (and SMS). In order to be able to offer this, it is necessary for us to use service costs for some products. Whether you pay a service fee depends on the product you’ve chosen to purchase. We feel it’s important to be open about this. Of course, you’ll find the costs in your shopping cart before your payment.

Thank you for your understanding." Recharge.com.

40 REPLIES 40

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@NDesai wrote:

Hi all, 

I just want to share that I found a website that lets you purchase PM vouchers using PayPal and other payment methods.

Here is the site: https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up

I have not used it myself, so until someone confirms, it is YMMV. 

EDIT: Someone at RFD confirmed that voucher code purchased from this website worked fine. Here is a link to his post: https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-40-45-4-5-5-5gb-canada-wide-talk-international-text-3g...

Thanks for this @NDesai !!! I have just tested using recharge.com to buy a $5 top up for $5.49. I used paypal to pay. Applying the voucher to my account was a very simple process and it went through successfully. The whole thing took maybe 3 minutes, but will save me 3% in taxes on each payment. Much appreciated 😄 !   

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Someone at RFD confirmed that voucher code worked successfully. I have edited the first post with this info. 

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Good find, Sherlock Holmes!  GST only too.  The pleasure of thumbing my nose at the province is priceless.  Now, why does Public Mobile not mention this as an option for buying vouchers? 

I am not that crazy lol

It's a 3rd party company and i have no idea if they sale legit vouchers. I already have a balance remaining in my account. Otherwise, i would try purchasing the $5 voucher just to see if it works. 

Same here.  I would donate $5 to science but my Public Mobile savings account is full.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for the heads up @NDesai. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come.

@will13am wrote:

Good find, Sherlock Holmes!  GST only too.  The pleasure of thumbing my nose at the province is priceless.  Now, why does Public Mobile not mention this as an option for buying vouchers? 

I am not that crazy lol

It's a 3rd party company and i have no idea if they sale legit vouchers. I already have a balance remaining in my account. Otherwise, i would try purchasing the $5 voucher just to see if it works. 

@stonechucker wrote:

How do they get around not paying taxes?  Is this an 'out of the country' website?

I know Spotify and Netflix previously charged me taxes, but right now, they're not.

Seems to be an international company. I found another one called https://www.ding.com/, but they charge about 16% without any fees. I reached out to them for the price breakdown and they have no idea why it charges 16% without any service fees.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

How do they get around not paying taxes?  Is this an 'out of the country' website?

I know Spotify and Netflix previously charged me taxes, but right now, they're not.

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice find. But they charge a 10% fee for the pleasure. Yikes.

Better than paying the tax of 12% in BC and 13% in ON 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice find. But they charge a 10% fee for the pleasure. Yikes.

Need Help? Let's chat.