cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile voucher.

leonardtejada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I had been sold the wrong service provider voucher at my local supermarket. They would not refund the item as they stated they would not be able to check if it had been used or not. Would I be able to get a refund from public mobile directly?

7 REPLIES 7

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@leonardtejada wrote:

Hi, I had been sold the wrong service provider voucher at my local supermarket. They would not refund the item as they stated they would not be able to check if it had been used or not. Would I be able to get a refund from public mobile directly?

Here's a suggestion...see if any of your friends or relatives have a PM account and gift the voucher to them or sell it maybe.

But If you bought a PM voucher at a retail outlet in err, it's not very likely that PM will refund you...after all it was your error.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@leonardtejada wrote:

@leonardtejada sorry to hear you bought the wrong voucher.  If the local store refused to give you a refund, it is highly unlikely that PM would refund you because clearly it is not their fault.

I suggest that you charge this to experience so next time you buy a voucher, you should check if it was the correct voucher before you leave the cashier.

Ciao

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@leonardtejada wrote:

So... by "wrong service provider", do you mean you were wanting one for Public Mobile and your purchased one for another provider  -OR-  you were wanting one for another provider and you ended up with one for Public Mobile?

Either way, you have a slim to 0% chance that any mobile pre-paid service provider, or affiliated merchant selling them, would refund a pre-paid phone voucher.

This question was asked before in this thread:

Solved: Wrong voucher purchase, possibility for refund? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

and the answer within from a Public Mobile staffer at the time was:

"I also regret to inform you but vouchers are strictly non-refundable."

...  of maybe it's "fate" that brought you here.  You really should get a SIM, start an account with the voucher and try here for 30 days.  You will probably like it and decide to stay!!

Welcome to PM

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good luck with that. Unless you 'sell' it to somebody here on the forum (not even sure if that's allowed), I doubt you'll be able to get refund.. You can try with moderators but I don't think they will/can refund it. How much did you purchase?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure, but you can try by sending privateer message to Moderator_Team

Who is your provider?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

You meant you got the PM voucher by mistake?  You can try open a ticket with Mod and it really depends, usually it is non-refundable  

(I hope you didn't meant you want to get a PM voucher but the supermarket got you another provider, if that is the case,  I am certain this is the wrong place to ask for the refund)

To open a ticket with mod, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.